Front brake pad replacement guide - RS133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That clip is a ball ache to get back on!!!

Mole grips, regular grips, a lot of force and swearing and I finall got it back on!

EDIT: the bloody passenger side clip fell off whilst driving!!! Luckily I found it. Is there any real need to have them in place as I really struggled to get them on and obviously didn't get it right.

Also, brakes now feel spongy. Should I bleed them??

MeatHelmet":mbhz3xws said:
That clip is a ball ache to get back on!!!

Mole grips, regular grips, a lot of force and swearing and I finall got it back on!

EDIT: the bloody passenger side clip fell off whilst driving!!! Luckily I found it. Is there any real need to have them in place as I really struggled to get them on and obviously didn't get it right.

Also, brakes now feel spongy. Should I bleed them??

Yes you do need to have them in place, it keeps the caliper tight on the carrier and prevents movement from braking which could hinder the braking performance. Once you've lined the clip up on both holes, gently tap them all the way in to ensure it's seated correctly.

Spongy pads, air in the system. When bleeding, make sure the brake fluid level doesn't drop below the Min marker.

When replacing the brakes caliper after changing the discs and pads, do you need to replace the guide bolts?

No mate no need to there only guide bolts they don't attach the calliper to the hub. But if you changed your disks you'll have took the calliper mount bracket off, those should be replaced or at least some medium loctite on the threads. Don't forget to grease the pins with the proper grease, people use copper slip but this deterates the rubber which houses the pins. It's not actually a grease as such and hardens when it gets hot it's just a anti seize compound best saved for back of pads.