Front bumper measurement help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apollo11RD

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hopefully soon to be the owner of a red 133 Cup in the next few days assuming the viewing goes well!
:D

Need your help though, a friend is doing a film studies degree in Oxford and needs a mock police car. For filming purposes only, I need to fit a couple of flashing LEDs behind the grille on the front bumper. Ideally I'd mount them behind the grill so they shine through the black strip just above the number plate. Is this strip of plastic solid or does it have slots for light to shine through? How tall and wide is the gap just above the front number plate?

And is there much space between the front bumper and the front crash structure/radiator to mount the LEDs? :?:

These are the lights: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121255896658

not meaning to be cheeky, but couldn't you take the bumper off and measure it? you'd only find this in some form of renault technical drawing, of which i don't have! this is the sort of drawing you'd perhaps get when you buy a new bumper showing the dimensions, of which isn't available to anyone. just had a quick browse through dialogys and can't find anything. only option you've got is to measure it yourself!

Don't own the car yet is the problem, I'm currently car-less so have no front bumper to measure on. Figured you lot might have a Twingo ;)

apollo11RD":yjmdms8n said:
Don't own the car yet is the problem, I'm currently car-less so have no front bumper to measure on. Figured you lot might have a Twingo ;)

which part do you want measured, the part above the reg or the mesh grill area below it? i'll measure it for you tomorrow. it's dark and cold outside dude

diamond needs a respray!
twingobumper.jpg

The thin strip above the number plate. Like the square number plate by the way! Is it legal?
Thanks!

apollo11RD":2dc07nfr said:
The thin strip above the number plate. Like the square number plate by the way! Is it legal?
Thanks!
okay mate i'll get on that for you early tomorrow afternoon for sure! it's legal yep, meets the requirements for legal plates with the british standards mark (which is on the bottom of the plate) etc, MOT tester said it's fine too :)

oscar":ulzyw2el said:
apollo11RD":ulzyw2el said:

which part do you want measured, the part above the reg or the mesh grill area below it? i'll measure it for you tomorrow. it's dark and cold outside dude

diamond needs a respray!
twingobumper.jpg

Square plate looks sexy as !