Front seats removal

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthias

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm about to remove the front seats from the car to take some foam out, will leave them out for a day or so. Do I need to disconnect the battery before removing them or that won't be necessary? I just want to make sure everything will be okay when I put them back in and connect them.

Thanks in advance.

Ignition off and unclip from under the seat (it's a small white box).

Then undo the 4 bolts per seat from under the car (they're easy to spot under rubber covers).

I think I removed the headrests, or simply retracted them as far as I could, then slide it far forwards as you can and e careful mot to scratch the sill as you take them in and out.

Thanks for that! :cool:

I knew it was a stupid question from the start, but someone told me I have to disconnect the battery otherwise the airbag might trigger. I was like: "No way!", but then again I never really removed the seats before and started wondering whether that's true or not. Just felt like asking before getting smashed in the face, haha.

Btw. (offtopic) good luck with the rear arches, looking forward to seeing them on your car. Can't wait to put mine on.

I asked about the bolts before I did mine. When your seats are out would you look for any spacers? I didn't believe there were any but Neil suggested there might e something to lower the seat very slightly.

And I can't wait for them to be done either. Will be a long process though! Not done before fcs like I had hoped :(

I already asked about the bolts, but the guy that will remove the foam from my seats said he does not recommend it. He would have to attach the foam on a plain screw meaning that the seat (as in foam) would be exposed to more "tear and wear" conditions. Sorry for my bad English, hope you know what I mean. In other words it would be a lot of hussle to drop your position for less than an inch. I'm looking to a 2" drop with foam removal, but can't tell until it's done :/

Just to make sure, no need to disconnect the battery?

About the arches. I think you'll have more work to do, but the lines for the gap are better as they are factory made, however fitting will be a real pain. In my case it's the other way around. I'll just clip it back on, but the lines are not exactly "matched", so if someone was to compare them he'd notice the slight difference. But heck, I have extras so can put the old ones back on. Are you fitting those H&R as well?

No need. The connections sometimes rattle themselves loose in others cars anyway :lol:

I've nearly got them to fit just needs more work really to be Perfect and flush, and then think about the gaps left in the bumper.

And I thought about h&r then went bc racing ;) more adjustment available.