Gaijin's Twingo 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
singlespeed":2gv8u3ik said:
The wrap looks a darn sight better than my attempt at skinning the stereo surround and speedo cowl with carbon cloth and resin. The relatively tight corners and compound curves mean theres a lot of excess fabric in places and compressing it looked rather bad... Hence why it was taken off and sprayed black ;)

Not saying his wrapping skills are lacking far from it it's an impressive job it's the material used I have an "issue" with it just looks wrong.

But hey the OP is happy with it and that's all that matters.

Love the whole car and the location of the scan gauge just I'm with mr ben on how overpowering the carbon wrap is.

Thanks for the compliments :) !

Okay, i think the same. Its a bit much of carbon. I will paint the cover of the speedometer in black. Then it looks better for me...

@ Dazza1:

Its very easy to fittin the scangauge. You need double-sided adhesive tape and a bit of hot glue.

I hope my english is correct :? ...

Courtney":33lgmbdu said:
Hello!

Love the Gold callipers!

+1
icon_palec_nahoru.gif

I've put the ScanGauge the same way, with the cable going under the dashboard into the glove box. No double sided tape for me though, just two strips of aluminium tape, fits perfecly and doesn't move when you push on it like a butcher :D

yotah1":3ga8hiqe said:
I've put the ScanGauge the same way, with the cable going under the dashboard into the glove box. No double sided tape for me though, just two strips of aluminium tape, fits perfecly and doesn't move when you push on it like a butcher :D

Okay, thats another possibility... ;)

Next Update:

First: New Summer Tires

IMG_1629.jpg

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT 195/40/R17

Second: Carbon Foil

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

The mirror caps will be continued...

Nom is quite an apt numberplate ;)

If you did the interior bits with the same wrap as you did the fog light surrounds it would be even better :)

Mr_Ben":2cc1da05 said:
Nom is quite an apt numberplate ;)

If you did the interior bits with the same wrap as you did the fog light surrounds it would be even better :)

The interior would be problematic, because with foil can cause bubbles... :roll: