Gear Knob

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I was thinking, I am guessing it will fit any RS really. I looked on the reanult sport website and they want around£160 for one! So I found this on eBay, and it was £32 with postage and packaging. I have ordered it now, so will soon find out if it fits or not :D. Thanks Caz.

I've certainly never seen that one. It doesn't say the fitting, I didn't think the 1*2 5 speed and the 6 speed boxes were the same but the description is quite brief

Yeah, it is very short on the description. It is going to arrive around the 7th May, so hopefully I will be able to fit it and let you know how it goes. Is it generally quite easy to get a gear knob on/off?

If its got a bit of weight to it, it should also make it more pleasant to change gear. It certainly lifts the interior having a nice metallic gear stick than the plastic they come with.

Thanks what I thought, the standerd gear knob is very dull. This one says it is made of high quality aluminium, so hopefully it will have a bit of weight in it. :)

Anyone can write an eBay advert though... It may be aluminium, but high quality differs in definition from person to person, and will do in this case depending on if you're a seller (perceived quality will be higher) or the buyer (perceived quality will be lower).

Very true, I never get my hopes up for eBay items ever. I very rarely use it if i am honest, but some things are just easier to buy of there (such as the gear knob). Do you literally just yank the old gear knob off and shove the new one on Maggi? Apart from if its a screw on one which won't fit lol.

The old one pulls up. Do not twist.

One it's off fold the trim inside out, and there's probably a screw to undo to release the knob. Then I would compare the two to see how they might differ. Then a trial fit before attaching it all up.

5 mins work