Glass Pen

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
It's a small niggle I have with my car.

The other week I went to do a driving experience at Bruntingthorpe Circuit.
To show that I'd been authorised to drive through the security gates at the front, the attendant drew a cross (X) on my windscreen.

I've tried blasting it with the jet wash, scrubbing it with a wash mitt, using glass cleaner but it's not coming off.

Whatever he's used its left this ridculous cross on my windscreen and I keep getting asked if it's a new piece of glass, lol.

Anyway what would you lot recommend? I want rid of it before Trax preferably, and with no residue, but its been on there a few weeks.

Don't use a paint polish - there's a good chance that it will seal the chalk to the screen.

You need Jewellers Rouge.

Like matt has said a abrasive car polish with good old elbow grease will remove it.

The abrasives will cut into it and remove it.

SRP won't damage glass either. I agree cautious is best but there's cautious then there's living in a bubble.

Clay. Small blade (specifically for body work is also available). Glass polish. Glass cleaner. Alcohol. Petrol. Thinners.

As long as your careful there's millions of things to try.