GMC purchase 7% of PSA

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araf

Reaction score
My youngest has a Corsa OPC (VXR in all byt name) and considering the price of that was similar to a Twingo at the time, it's got a much better spec, better trim level, and on paper better performance.

I have nothing against being loyal to your car marque, but is trashing the opposition necessary?

MovingShadow":2wk0koh2 said:
After getting Saab bankrupt, they're going to try the same with Peugeot :p

Ouch! Everybody's out to get GMC? Where's the love around here?

SAAB were their own worst enemy. They were told to collaborate on models, but wouldn't compromise on some of their outdated principals (very good principals I might add). This led to very little (if any) profit in the cars, but they were unable to charge more for the product.

If anything, I think it will lead to more money going into Pug, and for the next generation of Chevrolet/Daewoo cars to have Peugeot chassis.

decbolton":3af7sdse said:
i used to own a corsa, 2 infact. they we're solid but undeniably basic for a top of the range. the VXR is fast in a straight line yeah, but then its a 1.6 turbo'd car not a naturally aspirated so the comparison has to grounds. my dislike to vauxhall was extended when i saw how much the insignia's are priced. i'd much sooner have a 3 series or a c class which are actually a 'prestige' brand than a griffin posing as one. nuff said.

The grounds for comparison are price. It's what GM chose to put under the bonet and the price point. As for your Insignia arguement, I don't see how you can feign indignation at an RRP. You didn't have to buy one, and a manufacturers price point is what they choose it to be. Sales will dictate whether they are right or wrong. I too was surprised that the Insignia VXR was priced at £35k when we paid £10k less for a new VXR8. We've had a few BMWs in the past, and the Insignia is as well screwed together and as reliable, but the residuals are horrific so the car is a non-starter.

Haven't had a Merc yet. We're not old enough. :D

decbolton":385qq0vu said:
anyone else see this? if anything it can improve the corsa ;) which tbh wouldnt be hard!
In your opinion ;)

Just playing devils advocat, I'm sure theres many Corsa drivers seen your stupid baby Renault with the pointless stick on arches and no turbo :?

Personally I have nothing against Opel (Vauxhall). I even like the looks of the Insignia.. for a stationwagon.

But in general, German cars don't appeal to me because they all look so dull unless you go to the very expensive models.

Thats why I'm excited about the Toyota GT86.. Its a driver focused car, 200 bhp, real wheel drive and not rediculous expensive like a BMW.

singlespeed":et2ljjc6 said:
Just playing devils advocat, I'm sure theres many Corsa drivers seen your stupid baby Renault with the pointless stick on arches and no turbo :?

Lol its a fair point.

My only experience of vauxhalls is my mate astra coupe 2.2l. 140bhp from a 2.2 sucked, and dam that thing could understeer. He went on to buy a last shape 1.6 turbo Sri. Ment to be 180bhp but managed nearly 200 on a couple of rolling roads, with a good hike in lbs. Not been modded at all. But again Christ it understeers.

obviously you can think what ever you want, but they obviously sell plenty of units so a few people mustn't share your views ;)

decbolton":3r0ckmln said:
well its good we disagree, if we all agree'd there would only be a single car maker
.... And it defiantly wouldn't be vauxhall ;)