• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Going Soft: Gordini Cup 40k sell or px for non-cup RS133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C7JPE

Reaction score
As I am commuting in my Cup Gordini RS133 #69 more for work - I'm looking to change it for the softer non-cup version. If I don't I might experiment with adjustable shocks and springs but currently looking for a standard RS133 any colour in non-cup form with or without leather interior. Must be equal or lower mileage than mine if you fancy trading-up to a cup.

My car is virtually perfect and all very original except a twin tone air-horn fitted to replace the standard 'squeaker' - its cleaned weekly without fail, and subsequently very clean. Perfect documented history, timing belt service in last year, wheels refurbished in white (look great but admittedly a labour of love), Waxoyled when I bought it so well preserved underneath too. This Saturday Autoglass fit a new screen (as it was chipped when I bought it but this is the only think letting it down) so it will be ready for sale/exchange by Sunday once this is completed. Original Gordini stripes were removed by original owner due to personal pref. but I refitted them in the same dimensions in white vinyl, and that is about it - its a great original unmolested Gordini with only 40,000 miles from new all the original documents including the Renault Gordini catalogues, HPI clear and accident free and completely straight and well cared for. previous owner did get a map with lifetime air filter added done a few weeks before he sold it and I have the dyno print showing
it at 150hp so its a swift machine, and although I find the cup chassis nice and tight its a little too stiff these days for an old timer like me .... but I don't want to be with out it, so I would like the same car without the cup chassis.

If selling straight £3950 secures it, buyer collects (Kent); or
- Trades for non cup Twingo RS with same miles and good history +£500 or less miles possibly straight swap.
Email me for photos and more info.

... should say - all the usual refinements and possibly some factory options
- A/C & Climate Control Pack
- Cruise Control / Speed Limiter
- remote controlled RDS/Bluetooth radio/handsfree kit - all OEM radio equipment options

- knitted alloy gear knob bobble hat not included (sorry they get very cold in the winter, so my elderly aunt knitted me up this 'fix' for Christmas last year :)

Yes Indeed I was surprised too, but I have all the paperwork that ever came with this car and bought it from the original owner from new. All standard clockwork main dealer annual service from new, Literally all that's in it is a K&N type filter, KTec remap and 151hp at 4600rpm on the dyno when it was done in 2015. Exhaust is standard, cat is still on there as its passes an MOT, engine is still sealed from new so no cam, crank or flywheel change or internal mods. You have got me curious though and I will investigate the paperwork again tonight to see how they did it. I will report back in a few days

Most 133s don't actually produce 133hp cars have been reported to be as low as 110hp so really that is one strong engine or there rollers are very optimistic lol.

I have a set of Renault 14" wheels with winter tyres fitted - I do prefer the feel of these over the 17's.
I've had my windscreen replaced now by Autoglass, good as new
If keeping the car I will look at suspension options, and keep the Cup shocks & springs for the next owner.
Speaking of which - what are good aftermarket suspension options for this car to soften it slightly but without ruining the ride completely?