Going today :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Detail

Reaction score
My Dad's Scirocco R, polished and waxed:

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

very nice.
one thing i never got thought, this R version doesnt have 4wd like the Golf do?
either i read it wrong and it does but thought it was a bit weird having fwd on an R version

orbital":13lh5rgf said:
very nice.
one thing i never got thought, this R version doesnt have 4wd like the Golf do?
either i read it wrong and it does but thought it was a bit weird having fwd on an R version

The Scirocco R doesn't have fwd unfortunately but it has no problems at all putting the power down or with handling. Having said that, if Dad would have gone with the Golf R, rather than the Roc R then I don't think he'd be selling at this point, as the fwd would be very useful for what he uses it for and the shape is not quite as awkward to get into (no problems for me but when you're 60 with an occasional bad neck, the low and sleek shape of the Scirocco isn't the best, especially with the lowered and stiffened suspension of the R and firm sports seats).

Twingogeekeo":2yjdv9od said:
Looks amazing love them prefer it in the green though :lol:

Green is a very garish colour but I like it too. I probably wouldn't buy it though. The dealership that we've been dealing with in Essex have had a green Scirocco GT in for the last 6 months and haven't managed to sell it. It's hard to imagine that buying a green one won't have a very bad affect on the residual value, which is obviously a big consideration you're talking about £30k +

Dazza1":3dgrbgv7 said:
Mate at work has a White 2L turbo 1 of them lovely car

The Scirocco R and GT both have the same 2 litre engine but the GT has 200bhp (still pretty fast) and the R has 265bhp, 0-60 in 5.8secs with DSG :)

Ollie133cup":srgfo984 said:
Why does he want an X1?? The R surely is alot more fun to drive

Basically, it's a practicality issue. Whilst the Scirocco R is brilliant fun and is incredibly powerful, the X1 is a better all rounder tbh. It's still quick and handles well but has 5 seats, a more comfortable ride height, 4 wheel drive and less vulnerable alloy wheels etc.

Not a lover of the BMWs 4X4 if your doing to have one its a Range rover, Disco or SJ

Dazza1":2dvf2g7t said:
I hate the x1s they look horrid

Oh, Dear God :!: :!: :!:

The BMW Apemobile Junior.

Stop him from doing it. Chain yourself to the Scirocco. Lie in front of it. Have a dirty protest. But stop him anyway you can :shock: