Goodbye to Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks nice enough :)

fantastic engines, although the gearboxes are scary in these cars. i remember doing 3 gearboxes on the same car in the space of 3 years. do you have any kind of warranty with it, and is it possible to extend it?

oscar":2eznb41u said:
looks nice enough :)

fantastic engines, although the gearboxes are scary in these cars. i remember doing 3 gearboxes on the same car in the space of 3 years. do you have any kind of warranty with it, and is it possible to extend it?
Weren't the 197 made out of cheese? Thought the 200 had an improved one..

197's / 200's had major synchromesh baulk ring issues. i'm not going by other peoples speculation, just by my own experience of warranty repairs. they are the same boxes, the only revision was in gear ratio's with the 200 where the 1/2/3 5/6 were changed which made it a different part number in the same bellhousing, same shafts etc which were partially to blame for the problem with the input shaft being thicker at the end than at the start. the 200's seem to be more reliable than the 197's, but i just wanted to make you aware.

renault should just buy their gearboxes from vag and then these clio's would be the dogs wallnuts :) either way, i'm sure you've got one of the good ones and i'm slightly jealous. regardless of these issues, i've always had a soft spot for them

Yeahh, its good there, that where i had my twingo from. Well i was starting to itch for something with a bit more power Caz, and as you do, I just went to have a look, and saw the Clio. Always loved them!

MovingShadow":1vb3fh61 said:
I do like them in that color though!

it does look very nice in that colour and a smart looking motor.

but i would always have to go for alien green :) but i do like to be different

Ooh nice choice. Looks good. I think it's funny people are selling up their twingo's I just brought mine :p

twingo_wankers.png

You going to bring the crz to Trax Caz? Would be cool to see, never seen one up close. They still need to actually go through with the Crz mugen though. It sounded so promising :-(