Gordini 100 TCe newby

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a spare 10 min and a paypal account go to cliosport.net and become a paid member so you can see the for sale section. Theres generally alot of wheels for sale in there and they go for around 400-450 usually for a good set

Awesomenest dad of ever goes to you sir! I pretty much echo what everyone else says here... Turinis are your best bet. The 17" 133 Cup alloys looks great but they're absolute hell over bumps + potholes (unless you get 205s on them but they look pants).

I reckon what would be best though is to maybe give it to him standard, see what he fancies mods-wise and give him a budget?

as above id go for the 16" turinis (Turini is the model name of the wheels manufacturered by Speedline) you can buy them from Speedline and will come with Speedline centre caps. or you can buy 2nd hand ones that came fitted to Renault Clio 172 cup and 182 Trophy cars, this is the same wheels fitted to your current car but in 15"

I know going back a few years you couldn't use the Renault centre caps that come on "Renault" speedline turinis on the normal retail Turinis but I recon there will now be some sort of work around possibly the ones from another model will fit or something.

however going retail isn't cheap for speedline wheels but what ive also found in the past is due to 172 cups not having ABS and possibly the wheels not being mega strong is there are quite a few with flat spots due to hitting kerbs or potholes! so trying to find a straight set can be hard and usually you cant tell until you have paid for them, paid for some nice tyres and found out when it comes to balancing them!

Gordini wheels hold good money so your best bet is just to go for a set of normal 17" 133 cup pack wheels stick a set of conti 3 tyres on them and if needed a refurb to get them looking perfect to match your car, I recon you will need spacers to clear the brake callipers though I had this problem when trying to fit them to a mk3 clio 1.5 GT DCi and id imagine the twingo non RS runs a similar offset

Not sure what tyres they are as yet JE - got the car delivered on a wagon and parked it in a friends garage 10 miles away. Did you not keep your original 15" wheel set?

A good suggestion there funky_d... will give that some thought actually.

Martin, do you have a link so I can see what 133 Cup wheels look like?

The centre caps from 197/200 wheels fit my Turinis. Tried Jakes ones. And no i didn't keep them as I hate the standard GT wheels

My 1.2 on 17" RS alloys, no problems with wear on suspension or anything having recently reverted to my old wheels for the time being seem to be getting better mpg with my 17"!!! Seems crazy, handling is far superior and feels safer in corners plus they look brill if u want to stick with oem! :)
2AA57128-F445-4C1E-BB98-3514F1EF19D3-1113-000000B416025CBA-1.jpg

25mm spacers required for fit ment however which cos £400 extra :(

holliedynamique":3kt1ldzo said:
My 1.2 on 17" RS alloys, no problems with wear on suspension or anything having recently reverted to my old wheels for the time being seem to be getting better mpg with my 17"!!! Seems crazy, handling is far superior and feels safer in corners plus they look brill if u want to stick with oem! :)

Holly your car looks awesome :cool:

Welcome along, we should rename you to super-dad ;-)

As for help...I think I'll sit this one out as the others have it covered and I have a mk3 clio so have no clue about wheel sizing on the twingo :lol:

Daveyb133":30riynis said:
holliedynamique":30riynis said:

Holly your car looks awesome :cool:

Thank you, long time since I've been on here tbh! But having fun looking through all the new stuff :)

lots to think about here. I have afew ideas and will pass on my login details to my boy when he's an official Twingo owner... hopefully he will be as enthusiastic as you lot.

thanks a lot all.