GORDINI MIGHT HAVE TO GO.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpunkxtothexcorex

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! how is everyone doing? as the title i suggests the twingo gordini 133 might have to go the reasons being my gf is very heavily pregnant(baby due march 2nd) after much thought i have decided that the twingo is not big enough to carry the baby and all its essentials i.e buggie ect.i also don't want to put the interior through its paces and get it wrecked especially having leather seats.so my plan is sticking with Renault! i am looking at getting an older car that is slightly bigger like a 197 or my local dealer has a Renault Megane 2.0 T 16V Renaultsport 230 F1 Team R26 3dr Hatchback in liquid yellow.do you guys think its worth getting rid off or stick with the gordini? any feedback would be great cheers chris.

I would consider a bigger car if you have a baby on the way. Megane would be ideal, big comfy and great cars! Not sure which one to get though 197 or 230 hmmmm.....

Megane as the boot is huge enough to swallow up a pram. My only concern would be it and the 197 are both 3 doors and how long would be it before you got fed up with that scenario.

keep the twingo and buy your wife / partner a people carrier then the car seat wont spoil the cars good looks! or make the wife sit in the back, either way, its win win for u.

congrats by the way

In terms of practicality, you'll find the RS Megane a lot better. They're also 5 star ncap so that's always a winner in terms of family safety.

As much as the Twingo Gordini is awesome (obviously ;) ) , you'd never tire of the way the RenaultSport Meganes perform. May be an older car but a step up in terms of performance.

Good luck with whichever you choose mate, you'll certainly get by in the Twingo but I can see the appeal of something bigger. Why not try it initially and if it's really not working go bigger?

If you want a sensible hot hatch try a five door MK5 Golf GTi 197 BHP, not as much fun as the Renault but get some brown shoes and a cord geography teacher jacket and you'll feel at hoem in it.......sod that get the Megane

miner154":3jr4ichm said:
If you want a sensible hot hatch try a five door MK5 Golf GTi 197 BHP, not as much fun as the Renault but get some brown shoes and a cord geography teacher jacket and you'll feel at hoem in it.......sod that get the Megane

I'm so glad you put in those last five words!! :lol: :lol:

The Golf GTI is nice, don't get me wrong but damned expensive. Also the Megane is far more interesting to look at and rarer than most of the usual bigg hot hatches.

A 5 door 225 would be the ideal one, just a shame they had to give the rear doors those van like windows.

Also, surprising how few Phase I 225s they sold in five door. 963 in three door and only 357 in five. Not sure about the Phase II though.

thanks for all the positive responses and helpful tips. i would love to keep the twingo its such an awesome car what doesn't help matters is the gf(soon to be wife) doesn't drive and doesn't want to learn :evil: so what we are going to do is keep the twingo at the moment and see how we get on if we find it a struggle to get everything in will need to sell it and buy the megane only time will tell though going by what people are saying we should manage fingers crossed we will or bye bye gordini

Good luck with it mate, I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll never know until you try. Besides, congrats one becoming a dad and getting hitched!!! :)

Me and the missus had the same kind of discussion about when we have children. Not planning them for a few more years yet but she's happy to keep her Twingo. If not she'd want to trade it in and go for an RS Clio or Megane instead.

Love how the only other options are Renaultsports :D Most other people would be looking at different cars altogether but nope - diehard RS fans! :p

its coz rs' are mint!! fair play for not giving into the rest of the world and going for something boring like a mondeo or a vectra

Matt":9lw64dsa said:
Love how the only other options are Renaultsports :D Most other people would be looking at different cars altogether but nope - diehard RS fans! :p

I'd have trhrown teh EP3 Civic Type R in the mix, huge inside and no transission tunnel as teh gear stick is stuck on the dash (becomes second nature and it best position for gears) so

Down side 4 seats only and only 3 door and they stopped making them 2005

Matt":3dyszimh said:

It's all about the RenaultSports!!! :lol:

Thing is after having a few RS models, I would rather own a 2nd hand or older RenaultSport than a newer normal Renault. I have nothing against the non-RS models but I think for the money and running costs, you can't beat some of them.

Also, there's few other cars out there that tick the boxes that the RenaultSport cars do. Plus they do seem to make the best hot hatches around at the moment.

Alex_225":4lv3c1ee said:
Also, there's few other cars out there that tick the boxes that the RenaultSport cars do. Plus they do seem to make the best hot hatches around at the moment.

They have done ll the way through since the 80s most other copmanies manage 1,2 or even 3 and then tend to lose the plot.
Step forward Peugeot, Ford and Honda

Absolutely mate, some of the classic Fords are awesome but the ST versions now are just a little bit unappealing. Not terrible cars but just aren't as good as they good be.

I original Focus RS was pretty nifty and I liked the Racing Puma but since then nothing really, Fiesta ST ok New Focus too heavy front end and the top of the range ones are over 30K

VW can be added to the list MK5 GTi Golf ok but bit too fat and last VW I liked was Lupo GTi