Gordini - New vs Old

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron

Reaction score
I still haven't seen many of the face lifted Gordinis around, I would have thought there would be way more of these around by now. My facelift Twingo is just over a year old now, a friend of mine has the pre-face lift, so we thought a comparison would be great. :cool:

Not much in it, other than the cosmetics. Same on the inside except for the RS Monitor and full function computer on the facelift, not much has changed ;)

Attachments

• Twingos-01.jpg
    Twingos-01.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 10,111
  • Twingos-02.jpg
    Twingos-02.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 10,111
Who's going to be the first to fit the facelift front bumper, bonnet and headlights to a preface lift rs? Are the front arches different too?

The front & rear arches as well as the bonnet appear to be the same, its the front & rear bumper sections & bootlid that seem to have been modified.

How come there doesn't seem to be many of these in Europe? were they not launched at all in the UK? Seems strange to me as the Euro market is the home ground for Renault?

Attachments

• Twingos-07.jpg
    Twingos-07.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 10,080
Not launched at all in the UK, not many face lifts here either, poor marketing, if people knew about the fun you can have in these, I mean how many people can tell you what a twingo looks like? Then a 500 ?

Such a shame the rear is sooo different so that making a boot swap 'impossible' (accepted nothing is impossible if you've enough money ;) ). I love the rear of the those Twingos.

I'm the opposite, I don't like the rear but the fronts really grown on me!

the twingo facelift is the only current renault car outside the electric cars that they got given to them by nissan, which are awesome technologies, that i like!!!!! and i only like it in RS trim, it looks so aggressive. especially nicks LY one

liquid yellow always made me feel a little bit sick inside when i seen it on clios it just doesn't look nice, on the facelift RS-133 it looks blooming ridiculous in terms of sexyness :D

oscar":1pxlfehe said:
liquid yellow always made me feel a little bit sick inside when i seen it on clios it just doesn't look nice, on the facelift RS-133 it looks blooming ridiculous in terms of sexyness :D
I'm the opposite, in thinking LY is probably one of my least favourite colours for the 133 :shock: ... Even more so with the cost of the option

I've eyed up the speedo/trip meter on Karen's, but I think I'd get linched if I borrowed it :lol:

It will be interesting to see 10 years down the road which version will be the more desirable/collectable. Speaking generally you'd have to think the facelift 133 being produced for such a short time and in very limited numbers would be harder to find. If this makes it more desirable or collectable I don't know. Either way I'd like to own a facelift model too :)

Gordini was not sold in all coutries in EU ..
Here in Slovenia was only Gordini GT 1.2Tce .. Gordini RS was NOT sold .. And Twingos are bouilded here ..Thats economic politics :S

Stunty":1ysq57e1 said:
It will be interesting to see 10 years down the road which version will be the more desirable/collectable. Speaking generally you'd have to think the facelift 133 being produced for such a short time and in very limited numbers would be harder to find. If this makes it more desirable or collectable I don't know. Either way I'd like to own a facelift model too :)

One thing you can never count on is rarity of a RenaultSport necessarily being a factor for the desirability of them in future.

For example, I have a Megane 225 Trophy which one of about 140 in the UK. May be one of the rarest phase I 225 models but doesn't really mean it's held it's value much better or is more desirable than an R26 even though there's tonnes of them about.

Personally I think the Phase I Twingo 133 will be considered more desirable, it's certainly better looking and has the same engine/interior anyway so no difference on that.

Don't get me wrong the front end on the facelift has grown on me but you look at the first RS next to the Phase II RS and the original still looks fresh and overall is more well suited to that original styling where the facelift looks a bit awkward.