Gordini Optional Onboard Computer?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germy

Reaction score
Looking at the handbook the "optional extra" onboard computer that shows bhp, oil temp, and stuff is something my Twingo doesn't have, but I'd really quite like.

I'm assuming that it's something Renault could switch on?

My other half had an Astra van a while back and we had cruise control added by bolting on the controller (£30 from Vauxhall) and plugging in a Tech2 machine to activate it in the ECU (£10 to the Vauxhall mechanic on his lunch break ;)).........I'm guessing that the sensors for the Renault computer are already in the Twingo as the ECU would be making use of them anyway, and that the ECU just needs to be told to display them to the driver........

........any ideas?

That'll be the RenaultSport monitor which was an option extra from any cars ordered from August 2010 onwards.

Unfortunately, from what I've read it's not a retro fit option though. Believe it has sensors here and there etc. On the other hand, if you have an iPhone you can download the RenaultSport Monitor app for free! :)

I actually ordered my Gordini at the end of April, beginning of May time. I knew it hadn't gone into the factory so I went back to the dealers when I saw the RS Monitor was an option, think it was £300 extra.

Annoyingly it turned out to only be available from August so it's production date would have begun then and it would have been October before I got the car. So I cancelled it and got the car at the end of July.

If it's that cheap then i'm pretty sure the sensors would be there already and all you need to do is get it switched on, i'll see what i can find out.

As much as I'd love it retro fitted from reading info when it was first an option it's not simply a case of the feature being there but just needing switching on.

This subject came up on TwingoOC and it was confirmed by a couple of different people who contacted Renault that it couldn't be retro fitted. It's part of the stereo upgrade, I assume using the screen so you'd need that for a start. Not sure how easy that aspect of it would be to fit. Assuming you had that in place, you've then got G-force and an accelerometer as well as oil temperature. If those sensors aren't in place, which I can't imagine they are if they're not needed, then you'd have to retro fit them.

If it can be done, it may turn out to be a damned expensive excercise. :(

The RS monitor 100% cannot be retro-fitted as a part. It's often discussed on RS in the 133, 200 and 250.