GRAMATICAL ERROR'S

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
YES, THE TITLE IS IRONIC!

Time and Time again...I see people using an apostrophe inappropriately.
In terms of grammatical f*ckups, it's (SEE APPROPRIATE USE!) right up there with: there/their, lose/loose...

I mean, come on guys, Primary Education might have been a long way off for some of you but just because a word has an S at the end, DOES NOT necessitate the use of an apostrophe!

https://www.eng-lang.co.uk/apostrophe_rules.htm

In simple (correct) terms:
Mike's Car - the car belonging to Mike.
Mike's going to the shops - Mike is going to the shops
Don't - Shortened, Do Not.

NOT:
Corsa Chav's - Corsa Chav is?!
Tattoo's - Tattoo is?!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:roll:

'nough said - appropriate use: Enough.

attachment.php

If that's all you have to worry about in life you must have a very nice simple life

Whos been pulling Matt's chain :p

Karen usually corrects my spelling :( words ending ally often loose an l.

I'm glad I'm not the only one it does really annoy me
I'm that guy who pipes up on everyone's status' on facebook correcting their english haha

LCplParks":3w1fzuco said:
LCplParks":3w1fzuco said:
reminded me
missed out a use of an apostrophe on your list
use it to show a plural on a word that ends in an s
:D

It's an odd one because there seems to be a few words ending in "S" that have a different plural, Cacti for example :)
Toyota were trying to figure out a collective for Prius for a while...

pritchp":3w1fzuco said:
If that's all you have to worry about in life you must have a very nice simple life

Pritch...did I once say, "The only thing that worries me in my life is..." ?
No. Far from it.
Did I put this post is the section that states, "Chat with others on anything..." ?
Yes.

I wouldn't consider myself a grammar ****: I believe this is the first and only rant I have had relating to some people's flimsy grasp on appropriate apostrophe use or general grammar. I have had numerous chances to raise the issue in my time here, I showed restraint.
However this is BY FAR my biggest grammatical bugbear and the very fact that the Pub Talk section had 3 individual threads with shoddy apostrophe usage, made it worse.

So, yes...that did escalate quickly and I certainly wasn't going to personally insult people's intelligence, so here endeth my rant. :roll:

Let's be honest here... the forum is 100% improved in terms of grammatical errors since a certain member from the South West left our company.

Life is too short to even worry. It's the internet. Anyone can inhabit a public forum, in theory. Not everyone will get it right. I only correcting those who I care if they learn or not.

maggi112":34j3fd6l said:
Let's be honest here... the forum is 100% improved in terms of grammatical errors since a certain member from the South West left our company.

Life is too short to even worry. It's the internet. Anyone can inhabit a public forum, in theory. Not everyone will get it right. I only correcting those who I care if they learn or not.

+1 for this!!! Hehe

*blows kiss*

:twisted:

521487_10151377450207323_1432051283_n.jpg

Frankly, I think, I over-use commas,,, I will often change what I have written before posting though.

Not everyone is an academic, so I think it's wrong to keep pointing it out to those who are serial perps.

Caz-133cup":396svuzg said:
maggi112":396svuzg said:

+1 for this!!! Hehe

*blows kiss*

get a room :p

I never mean to patronise people when I do it that's why I don't really tend to unless I know the person well (like on Facebook) I just think they should know for the future otherwise they'll never know and I don't think that's fair for them

LCplParks":u3n9xsg4 said:
I just think they should know for the future otherwise they'll never know and I don't think that's fair for them

I know what you are saying, but I don't think we have any school children on here, and frankly if someone hasn't learnt by their late teens, they ain't gonna learn.

Haha that's why I don't really deal out the lessons on here
but amongst my mates I'm kind of known for it haha