Greetings from Germany :D

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sux0r

Reaction score
Hi my name is Martin and I'm from Germany.
I'm 21 years old and proud owner of a Twingo II RS since I was 18.
I've never really thought about changing anything on my RS but lately I begin to see that when configuring my first brand new car I should have said more than just "Yes I want the Twingo RS with biiiig engine!"... What I didn't know that time was that it comes completely naked as to the rest :?

What my little one looks like today:

Almost one year ago I started an education for becoming car engineer at BMW. Now I have the sufficient self confidence to go and try compensating the missing parts with my own work and a pretty decent budget (thx grandpa ;) ).

Well what I want to do:
-RS Steering wheel (The standard one got robbed after 6 month so I went with a GT one instead)
-RS Gear shift lever (was never included)
-RS E-Break lever (also never included)
-Dectane Dayline black combined with:
-Philips Blue Vision (for xenon effect cause in germany you may not upgrade according to TÜV :( )
-CUP Chassis combined with standard RS 17" Wheels
-Bluetooth Radio combined with:
-RS Monitor

I already had an amp & sub +transistor (860€) inside my trunk combined with an Alpine HU (100€ pretty cheap so no extras) but I would like to use the standard BT Radio with the RS Monitor and still hook it up to an amp + subs maybe even switch the rear speakers for the subs? ;) and of course switch the front speakers for something more valuable :)
but that's something for the far future because in my oppinion the other stuff is more important *glanceon17"+CUP* :lol:

So if anybody knows anything about what I plan on doing and if this is even possible without switching the engine or EDC :lol: I need any support I can get!!
Cheers guys ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Regarding the engine, you probably can switch it for a clio 197/200 engine without too much hassle, certainly I know of one car in particular that has done this however he didn't finish the project thread on here unfortunately.

Making your own parts sounds cool. I've been meaning to do this for some things and do all sorts of CAD, FEA, CFD and stuff but haven't got round to it due to uni work :(

What parts do you plan on making?

Zwillings Gehen

Twins go":k3vnge37 said:
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Thank you :)

Regarding the engine, you probably can switch it for a clio 197/200 engine
nonono I don't want to switch the engine :D I want to keep it stock! Only stock parts will be used. Maybe later a custom ECU but that can wait :)

Making your own parts sounds cool. I've been meaning to do this for some things and do all sorts of CAD, FEA, CFD and stuff but haven't got round to it due to uni work :(
What parts do you plan on making?
I looked into making my own central console and maybe some housing for my subs in the trunk from GRP but nothing too spectacular... Yes my job at BMW does take up most of my time too... if I'm not just working I am at the gym working out so there is not much room for my little one :cry:
Looking forward to my vacation in summer but for that I want at least to have the parts together that I need like the CUP chassis or the 17" wheels...

My local Renault retailer told me that he can only order parts if I can give him a VIN of a similar vehicle that has the specific equipment :roll:
Can anybody tell me the VIN for a Twingo II RS Cup with BT radio and RS Monitor? Lots of love <3 :D

the VIN is for your car specifically, it should be visible at the bottom right hand of your windscreen,

welcome! also your detailings looks so good!

dbird":2zh25mqo said:
the VIN is for your car specifically, it should be visible at the bottom right hand of your windscreen,

welcome! also your detailings looks so good!

the OP means that he needs the vin number from a vehicle fitted with the cup parts that he / she requires so that the cup parts can be ordered up using the parts for a cup instead of a normal 133 :) basically the same parts will fit throughout the range, just the parts bins only come up for the entire car on dialogys when you search for a registration or vin ...

whoever has a 133 cup, get your vins pm'd to him ... don't make it public, otherwise i might steal your cars identity and rob a bank with it lol

The VIN from an RS Cup does not help unfortunately - it might be a hit or miss with what parts you're given (Cup / non Cup). E.g. I was given the non Cup shock part numbers based on my VIN, despite the car being a Cup. The Cup shocks were listed in the system as the "Extreme" option (way to make life easy :/). As far as I'm aware however the Cup is only springs / shocks and wheels - don't think any other parts differ (please correct me if I'm wrong), so shouldn't be hard to get the correct numbers... especially since I can give you the shock numbers (read off my own car) :D

Front: part no. 8200 750 081
Rear: part no. 8200 750 103 (or 562108671R - but should be the same part).

in terms of chassis / engine .... the important parts on a car, a cup is merely stiffer springs and slightly different shock absorbers (damping rates only, to match the springs) as well as an air con delete (thus meaning your engine can technically rev to the limit faster, but in the real world this isn't quite true)