Greetings

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AND268Y

Reaction score
As my wife has decided my fiesta ST is now her car, I've been on the look out for a new car for myself.

I have finally settled on a 60 plate White RS Cup with 38k on the clock and will be picking it up today. It reminded me so much of my old 205 Gti that I just had to have it!

Since ordering the car, I have been doing a lot more reading up on the common faults and just hope I won't regret buying it. I've had french cars before, so kind of know what to expect.

Cheers

Andy

Welcome along Andy. My rs has got 63,000 on the clock now and apart from the ball joints I have never had any bother with her.
I am sure you will enjoy your rs as they are a proper little hot hatch like your old 205 gti.

Graeme

Just got the car home and noticed the after market cone filter that had been fitted by the previous owner had two holes for breather pipes in the back of it that weren't sealed or anything.

Luckily I have and enclosed filter which came off of my elise before I sold it, so have fitted that for now to ensure the air is being fully filtered.

While I was doing this, I did see what appeared to be a breather pipe hanging around the back of the rubber pipe which looks to have had a rag taped over the end of it. Also, the 90 degree rubber pipe also has a plastic pipe coming out of it which has also been taped off!! Am I right in thinking that the breather pipe I saw should be connected to the plastic pipe that has been taped off? Also, are there any other breather pipe that went into the original induction system that I should be aware off?

Really annoyed with the garage that I bought it from as they were usless when I took it back.

Thanks for that, its now connected back up again.

Just one last thing I have notice which isn't that major. The passenger side airbag cover keeps popping up a bit at the front corner nearest the center console. It pushes back down, but just doesn't seen to stay down for long. Is this an easy fix?

Other thn these little niggles, I'm really enjoying the car so far.

There are two bolts in the top of the glove box which secures the airbag, check to see if they are loose. 13 or 16mm i think

Hey Andy.

I used to have a black 57 plate Fiesta ST and whilst it wasn't a bad car I love the Twingo so much more. Yes in standard form the Fiesta has a bit more punch but after a decent rolling road remap they are basically the same (my buddy has a standard Fiesta ST)

But straight line speed has never been the Twingo's strongest point. Get it on a twisty B road and the level of fun you'll have will be at another level. Once you get used to it you'll feel like you can chase anything down the tight and twisty's.

Also it's nice to have a comparatively rare car too. There must be at least 5x more ST's than RS Twingo's on the road.

Welcome and enjoy.

Stunty

Just had a good look at the airbag cover and both bolts are tight. It looks like there is a clip that clips it into the dashboard that just doesn't want to hold it (right hand corner nearest you when sat in the passenger seat). It looks like there is a plastic lug on the cover that locates into the dashboard, so just wondered if there should be some sort of metal clip on the lug that help to hold it in place. I'm a bit nervous at lifting the cover up in the airbag goes off accidently. Any help of this would be appreciated.

Stunty, you're right. The ST is quicker in a straight line dash, but I wouldn't like to say which would be the quicker on a twisty B road. Since changing the induction kit that came with the car to the one I had on my Elise, it now sound like an absolute dream, even at low revs around town.