GT and RenaultSport Comparison

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
My mum is contemplating a new car and I've suggested she try out the Twingo GT. She currently has a 2004 SportKa which although superb to drive, is very dated and basic. Epic handling, plenty of torque but the interior feels like a 10+ year old design.

Anyway, I suggested she test drive the GT as it's similar power but I wondered how it handles in comparison to the RS models? I'd go so far as to say the SportKa's handling isn't far off that of the RenaultSport.

Also, what features does the GT come with as standard?

I know the GT is tuneable but this would be remaining totally standard.

GT handling isnt to bad but not as good as the RS it can be a bit wollowey some times. I put a set of eibach lowering springs on mine and that sorted that without a issue :)

Apart from that would be a top car to change into i think.

Thanks mate, I assumed the GT would probably be a bit softer than the RS.

My mum finds her SportKa too harsh and admittedly it does feel much like the Cup chassis but far less refined. I think the GT, if it's a more supple ride will suit her.

Thing is I know I'm biased towards the Twingo but I can't think of anyone around the money she wants to spend that offers the same kind of car. She doesn't like the Fiat 500, hates the BMW Mini and the new Ka only looks ok in top spec, which is out of her price range.

New KA is ugly :lol:
Mini isnt a mini unless its a old one (My brother would kill me if he knew i said this)
Fiat 500 only worth getting if its a abarth :lol:

Then again im like you biased towards the Twingos and i personally think there great little cars and look stunning :) I think your mum needs a Twingo in her life !

I'm of exactly the same opinion to be honest. 500 has to be the Abarth, the BMW Mini, as good a car as it is just isn't a Mini. New Ford Ka just looks odd but not quirky as the original. If they did a sporty one with bigger arches it would make all the difference.

Doesn't leave much else other than the GT, which price wise are a bargain. I mean 2 years old, less than 20,000 miles on them, decent spec and a little over £6k!!

What do they come with as standard?

Suzki swift, Toyota Aygo, Toyota IQ, C1, Pug 107 ?

They all still odnt beat the Twingo :lol:

There is a 57 plate and a 08 plate Gt where I get mine serviced both have auto climate control glass roof and sound pack

Twingogeekeo":xn2dewia said:
Suzki swift, Toyota Aygo, Toyota IQ, C1, Pug 107 ?

They all still odnt beat the Twingo :lol:

I know she wouldn't like any of them. Well the Swift may be a contender but I know she hates the really small cars. She was more swayed towards the newer Clio or Focus than a lot of the small cars.

Her very politically correct wording for cars like the Smart was, 'It looks like a spastics car' :shock:

Fiat 500 I considered one but couldn't even be arsed to test drive one, that awful twee image really put me off.

Swift - possible but they had stopped making the sport when I was going to change

TWINGO TWINGO TWINGO it's gotta be, 100 BHP slightly softer set up, sounds the right move.

Sport KA's are so ugly from the rear sorry Alex's Mom :lol:

I like the swift but would need to be the sporty one. But wouldnt get rid of my RS for it.

Also 500s my mate took one for a test drive looked in a big window he went past and took it back. The salesman asked what was up and his reply was i look like a GAY :lol:

Don't forget the new Ka is basically a Fiat 500 in drag, so same comments apply except for handling.

Is she looking at new, because if not, you'd probably get her into a late C2 VTS or Code for not much money

No she's not after a new car. She's quite anti new cars because of the money you lose on them. (pah, who cares about depreciation)

Ideally would like a 2 year old car so at least there's a year of manufacturers warranty.

Twingo GT should be cheaper than a Fiat 500 and not as well you know

Alex, back to my previous comment - a late model C2 would be ideal then. If she's not bothered too much about the "go", they did a Furio model with all the body kit but smaller engine.

But I think a Code would suit her if she likes a bit of style (full leather...).

Alex_225":2jvpe3rd said:
I'm of exactly the same opinion to be honest. 500 has to be the Abarth, the BMW Mini, as good a car as it is just isn't a Mini. New Ford Ka just looks odd but not quirky as the original. If they did a sporty one with bigger arches it would make all the difference.

Doesn't leave much else other than the GT, which price wise are a bargain. I mean 2 years old, less than 20,000 miles on them, decent spec and a little over £6k!!

What do they come with as standard?

All the whistles and bells (except mp3 connection) sunroof, 25,000 miles, £5.5k for mine.
Although it was on the court for 7k I just play a good hardball