Gt Brakes (Everyday set up)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noesph

Reaction score
I need some new brakes soon, I know there is a thread on here already but its more about performance set up.

My car is most likely not going to go on a track day. I do go on a hoon around the country roads at the weekends, but during the rest of the week it just drives around town.

I've been reading about race pads, that a lot of them need heat in them to work properly. But I need brakes that work well from cold, as I'm more likely need to brake hard when some eejit pulls out in front of me a mile up the road, when my brakes are cold because I haven't touched them yet.

So in short I do country road driving/hooning at weekends (when race pads would be good and hot). But A road and town driving (With lots of stop, start traffic) during the week when the pads will be cold a lot of the time.

I was looking at the brembro Max disc or HC disc with DS2500 pads (as in the other thread) but how good are they when cold? The cold bite is the important bit with me. Also I've read there very dusty.

Or I could stick with genuine Renault parts, but I think there a bit of a rip off at £82 for the discs, £39 for the pads.

Did you ever change these? Bit late but I use ebc yellowstuff pads & mtec dimpled & grooved discs, think it was spitfire who's used this setup aswell
Apparently they're 'race' pads, but I find they're fine when cold.
Probably about as good, maybe even better than the standard setup when cold, But obviously don't fade as much when you get them hot.

I haven't yet (I've got a week off on the 1st week of December - using up holiday time). And I'm planing to do all the jobs on the car that week (I've already got engine oil (Millers Nanodrive) and the gearbox oil as well (elf tranself nfj 75w 80 - the car is nearly on 50k, and no record of being changed). And I'll be ordering all the filters, spark plugs etc in the next 2 weeks or so I guess.

I'll look into those discs and pads.

Okay fair enough! Where did you get the gearbox oil from? And when's it need changing? Don't think mine has been changed either :/
Only problem with mtec is that they sent me the wrong discs, a quick email and they exchanged them straight away, so I couldn't complain :)

Yeah that's what I thought it can't last forever!
That's a decent price :)