gt engine replacement, mad thoughts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tw11ngo

Reaction score
but with the whole nissan and renault alliance, could you drop in one of the skyline engines and mount it transversely into the twingo with a FWD gearbox?? i've seen that you can throw in a gutless 182 engine 2Litre, so for discussions sake...when you can extend and fabricate engine mounts, why couldn't this be possible? bombs away dudes.... lol

(whoever mentions JDM is a rotten egg by the way)

With money and machining equipment etc, virtualy anything is possible...

However, keeping it fwd?

i think it'd have to be RWD with a torsen differential. it'd be a track day car for drifting, ever since i seen the little corolla 86 whipping the big boys i kind of wondered if smaller cars could hold a drift with the right set up and conversion??? plus lets not hide the fact, witnessing a twingo pull out onto the track and chasing down an 800brake supra would be fantastic!!!!! JDM would be more like JD HMMM hahaha

you couldnt fit an RB in transverse, infact you would struggle to fit one in the boot with the seats down lol they are huge.

even if you could you wouldnt be able to bolt on a gearbox to it, never mind a FWD one strong enough.

and the last thing you want is a short wheel base RWD twingo with 300+ BHP lol

possibly true although ae86 had a short wheelbase around the same size as the twingo's but on the larger side, there have been 800-1000bhp versions of them with transplanted 1/2JZ engines from the chaser and supra, it was easily the car that started off the whole drift scene and is still today the ultimate drift missile that's had a long reputation of chewing up skylines and leaving them for dead. using that sort of platform of a short wheelbase and a 200bhp tuned engine with the correct suspension geometries and a wider set of tires to give it a much easier and controllable slip angle, so i believe it's wheelbase wouldn't count for much when the cars sole purpose is to oversteer. definitely not one for the road though lmao

No way in hell would you make it a good handling drift car. The AE86 is a much longer car than the Twingo. That sorta power in a Twingo is just one way to have a hideous crash.

Yer dreaming if you think you'll fit one in the Twingo's bay.

Would like to see a 1.4l tce130 in the twingo and not those pipe dreams...
Non-yielding 160BHP possible and still good handling.

the pug 205 T16 done not to bad for a 500 bhp small car 4WD. why couldn't a twingo do less than half that power on a front engined RWD train? the only difference between it and the pug, would be a front drive shaft. which you can do to any 4WD car to make it RWD which you see frequently done to scoobs on the drift circuits :) ideally, it would not have a renault engine.

tw11ngo":so7jtm78 said:
the pug 205 T16 done not to bad for a 500 bhp small car 4WD. why couldn't a twingo do less than half that power on a front engined RWD train? the only difference between it and the pug, would be a front drive shaft. which you can do to any 4WD car to make it RWD which you see frequently done to scoobs on the drift circuits :) ideally, it would not have a renault engine.
Yea but if its healthy for your car is another thing.

Seen those 4WD cars do the gymkhana grid at TRAX and I can't imagine these things can last long without alot of breaking down on parts.

a good set of tyres will last you 8-10 laps of a drift track depending on its size. discs, wheel bearings, wishbones, track rods, differentials, drive shafts, radiators and pretty much every body panel....just a list of some of the few common things you'll see being constantly replaced at a drift track. any drift car, and any racing car is constantly being stripped of parts and having them changed man so i suppose that isn't something you'd be bothered with if you were rich and had your heart setting on bringing this imaginary RWD twingo to life! lol

singlespeed":3ksj3261 said:
[youtube]J0GdZYApZWU[/youtube]

in fairness, any FWD RWD 4WD car would do that in the snow wouldn't it? i remember driving my rx-7, i actually had to drive my mums car in the snow because when it was snowy or icey up here in the highlands i would have crashed it, and that's how i did end up crashing it lol!

the AE86 is a much longer wheelbase car, and the ones "chewing up skylines" arn't running 300bhp+ skyline engines, all you need in an AE86 is a well tuned standard twin cam engine running throttle bodys or carbs and a few other bits and bobs for 170-200bhp for awesome throttle responce and a nice N/A power curve for good throttle control. a well ballanced chassis.

wheres its not impossible to build a drift car on a short wheel base, older RWD starlets drift pretty well, but it is no where near perfect and a complete pig to learn!

it is 1 inch or so smaller than the AE86 on wheelbase. barely worth mentioning when comparing really? most ae86's which are track perfect are running around 250 brake, revving to around 12,000rpm. easily my dream car, i just cant spend 10k on an old car :( something says behaveeeeeeeee whenever i try to convince myself lol

The wheelbase is closer to 2" different (55mm) and is not the only consideration when you're looking for a drift car - though the main drift seems to be in your train of thought, as you started out dreaming about a FWD GTR engined Twingo.