GT on coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arney

Reaction score
Fitted some vmaxx clio coilovers today had to faf around with them tho!

60994263.jpg

d576d1a7.jpg

c7c29305.jpg

d2b45b9c.jpg

sorry for the crap photos... off the iphone.
going to raise the front when i have time at work with the ramp... i need wheels
15" or 16" just dont know yet

Now thats slammed :lol:

i agree raise the fornt and a nice set of 16s on it will look sweet

Pretty low yeah it ribs on full lock and il have no Splitter left lol might raise it tomorro if I can be bothered !

Define faff around..... cutting, drilling, banging?

Il try get a measurement tomorro floor to the top of arch? And I had to drill the get a air dremmel around the holes. I went around 4 mm upwards in the top hole.

arney":369uxm07 said:
Il try get a measurement tomorro floor to the top of arch? And I had to drill the get a air dremmel around the holes. I went around 4 mm upwards in the top hole.

Ah got you - I see it in the first photo now.

Yeah it's not the best thing to do tbh on new coilovers. I advise everyone to just buy the twingo ones to save stress !

arney":1zdwxe7g said:
Yeah it's not the best thing to do tbh on new coilovers. I advise everyone to just buy the twingo ones to save stress !

I just wish there were more RS variants available! Even non-RS has better KW's!

arney":mluevxe8 said:
Yeah heard that Clio sports coilovers fit but not sure.

What the RS?

Could always do me a favour and measure the distance from hole to hole on the two fixed holes at the bottom of the front coilovers ;)

Yes on the rs
Yeah il have ago tomorro still need to raise it so il do it then.

arney":2eop98du said:
Yes on the rs
Yeah il have ago tomorro still need to raise it so il do it then.

Cheers mate - that'd be fantastic.

Yeah does anyone know what the bolt spacings are on the rs there's loads on different spacings for the Clio anyway you should be okay as long as the mk 2's

I'd have to check.

The problem with the 133 is that it's made up of parts of Renault's range from the last 5-8 years. Clio, Megane and Laguna. And all of those have different parts from different models!

Yeah that's the problem everyone said 58mm coilovers fit but they didn't not had a look at the weintec coilovers ?

arney":3i5e3l1g said:
Yeah that's the problem everyone said 58mm coilovers fit but they didn't not had a look at the weintec coilovers ?

Fixed rate - I may was well save £600 and use lowering springs with the current dampers as they are superbly set up by Renaultsport. I mean, how often do people need to adjust the height of coilovers on a road car - once, maybe twice during set-up and then it's pretty much left.

I'd only want it dropped 25-30mm ish so either I use springs or a viable and decent coilover solution that justify the money with damper and rebound adjustment.

I basically don't see the point in spending £700 for a set up I want when the same effect can be had for £100.

the best thing to do would have been to drill down out the bottom hole and then use camber correcting bolts.that way u would be able to adjust the camber/castor.
the top hole is load bearing so will always work loose no matter how much locktight u use!also affects steering angle and tracking if u drill out the top hole!!!!!

Al":1fkc3o6t said:
arney":1fkc3o6t said:

Fixed rate - I may was well save £600 and use lowering springs with the current dampers as they are superbly set up by Renaultsport. I mean, how often do people need to adjust the height of coilovers on a road car - once, maybe twice during set-up and then it's pretty much left.

I'd only want it dropped 25-30mm ish so either I use springs or a viable and decent coilover solution that justify the money with damper and rebound adjustment.

I basically don't see the point in spending £700 for a set up I want when the same effect can be had for £100.

yeah i understand where your coming from but i imagine GT shocks arnt as well made or setup as the rs... the ast look a good option but there exspensive. im not planning on going on a track in my car thats why i have chose vmaxx i just want stance...