GT - Performance Air Filters

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEOX5000

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looked at upgrading to a performance airfilter on my gt, was looking at the 40 quid and under Mark.

Just wondered what other people are running and what improvements your getting?

think most gt's have BMC panel filter 45/50 quid or home made custom induction kits - your choice.....

I'm running a K&N air filter in mine and i've not had any problems and seems decent enough.. that was £40.

improvement wise, not sure as I had a custom catback exhaust system fitted at the same time. but the stock air filters are rubbish so you'll notice a slight difference.

Hope this helps.

I went down the diy root with a HKS mushroom and a CAF fed from the front grill.

FA328EFB-268D-4C83-A7FE-84662B42CF54-840-000001105B9865A8_zps0d24368c.jpg

how does the Mushroom filter sound? I've heard they've got some serious growl about them. :p

like this mate
the 1st video is my induction with standard exhaust. the second is my induction with a cat back exhaust
mikehealy5":192y4npr said:
Before

[youtube]HsiTQLIC7nM[/youtube]

After

[youtube]D7wnxDHbIdg[/youtube]

il try and do a drive by vid when i get time.

I had a K-Tec panel filter in mine, no issues at all, sounded slightly better when spooling and gave a bit of an increase in power.

tried it with a cone filter and it sounded brilliant but wasn't happy with inlet temperatures due to running the factory intercooler too