GT remapped

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Il lungo

Reaction score
my friend luca just remap is gt after put on complete ktec exhaust take a look
img11.jpg

then he's trying new 0-100 accelleration
exhaus11.png

what you think about?

Tad slow on 0-62mph for that "power" my GT had:

BMC Panel Filter
Front Mount intercooler kit
Cat back Exhaust system

Using the exactly the same diagnostic software as you i was getting 7.79seconds to 60 on the flat. my GT wasn't even remapped either.

I actually showed your topic where you installed that intercooler to BR-Perfomance (they remap and tune cars) and they weren't impressed with the 'brand' of the intercooler.

They said something like: "it looks like some cheap aftermarket part found on ebay".

Where did you get it?

It is a Toyo sport one or something, there's no "branded" one made for the GT so you have to improvise lol. But, it works perfectly so what's the point in trying to get one that costs £700 made from Forge or who-ever? Although now that I have routed the pipework and made it fit, I could "upgrade" to a Forge universal one of similar size but would there be any improvements?

Yes it was just a Toyosports one, I was just using it as a test bed, for the pipework etc was intending on getting a better one but this was 2 years ago now i think, not many GT's had FMIC's then. bet BR got a hard on for my epic pipework, let me know if the need the IP rights ;)

EDIT: my old progress thread with Hard Piping for intercooler.

Can you tell me exactly what pipes and intercooler you got & where you got them from?

I might try this myself in the future.

2.25" (57mm Pipes), My kit is this one I think;

https://www.toyosports.co.uk/225-universal-intercooler-kit-type-s-550x140x62mm-12399-1239-p.asp

You will have to cut the pipes to size etc. to fit your car and you may need to purchase some extra silicone connectors/clamps and reducers. (I did). If the intercooler pipes are the same on the Wind you can use 1 OEM pipe which is the top one (heat and stretch) and I think the reducer I used was a 57mm-51mm for the bottom pipe.