GT / WIND uprated brakes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin_172":1nxqc2ju said:
twingo GT runs 259mm front discs and uses the same calipers as all non RS clios which as you said is the same setup the clio Williams used

if you want to change callipers your best bet is fiat coupe brembos, they use the same bolt spacing as non RS calliipers so bolt straight onto a non RS twingo, you then run 280mm clio 172 front discs. all that's needed is washers between the caliper and hub to space it out slightly the messurements are on cliosport.

personally im running the stock setup with brembo HC discs and Mintex M1144 pads, braded lines and superblue fluid and even as a backroad thrasher I cant see any reason to go for any sort of upgrade from this setup, it cost me under £200 and its epic!

with a cylinder head being sent away soon to cat cams now that i've sourced a cylinder head, higher lift cams for the GT engine will result in a fair power increase alongside a set of pico injectors and possibly a custom made turbo manifold to support a better turbocharger + fuel pump and standalone ECU in the next two years gently as i go, i thought it would be a good idea to start with bigger brakes. i have ordered some clio williams grooved / drilled discs and some DS25' pads, rather overkill than be killed! but the main reason is for a wider choice of pads and discs :) although keeping the same 259mm

Martin_172":1dl91zn5 said:
Keep an eye on drilled discs they like to crack!

sorry i meant dimpled and grooved! you are deffinately right, i would never put a set of drilled discs on unless they were high carbon steel and not brittle as anything cast iron discs!!

Oscar have you gone any further with front brakes as I'm soon in need for them I was looking at kam racing and the brem discs and pads are a nice price but don't know if there any good

Oscar have you gone any further with front brakes as I'm soon in need for them I was looking at kam racing and the brem discs and pads are a nice price but don't know if there any good

i wonder if what i did with the 133 would work on the GT....

Longer carriers and 280mm/300mm discs using original calipers.

I've got the old brackets at home so could measure up the size to see if they mount to the GT front hub and if the stock caliper would fit with the carrier. If the bracket fits with the hub you could upgrade to a 133 front set up

sounds like a good idea man man! i'd go for a custom bracket though and then choose your caliper of choice ;)

oscar":slb1ibla said:
sounds like a good idea man man! i'd go for a custom bracket though and then choose your caliper of choice ;)

true, i need to find if a ford 60mm single pot will fit on the 133/scenic carrier :) Both same caliper style/ producer ATE