GTechniq

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS133ETO

Reaction score
Just ordered a glass sealant kit consisting of C1,C2 + C4. Anybody have experience using these products?

Yes.

And I realise they have improved them since I last used them. They used to be based in Kings Langley, so I could pop down and collect but that's no longer the case.

The stuff is good, but C1 is very picky. You will need a perfect base for it to produce the optimal results, and it did used to be very tricky to apply. C4 is less so, but again it needs a very good base. C2 is certainly an easier product to get on with, for a start it's a dilutable liquid you could use as a QD to top up and maintain the finish on the C1 (although sort of defeats the point) or you could use it neat as it's own LSP.

I got bored very quickly of nano products. Many, many claims, many new products constantly launching claiming to be better (although chemically they're often very similar and from the same chemist) and they're not as fun as a good wax IMO. Hence I went back to using Zymol myself quite recently. I still own a good chunk of Wolf's nano kit but I wouldn't personally choose to go back to Gtech stuff. If someone gave it to me, however, I'd be over the moon

maggi112":3t3zat8u said:
Yes.

And I realise they have improved them since I last used them. They used to be based in Kings Langley, so I could pop down and collect but that's no longer the case.

The stuff is good, but C1 is very picky. You will need a perfect base for it to produce the optimal results, and it did used to be very tricky to apply. C4 is less so, but again it needs a very good base. C2 is certainly an easier product to get on with, for a start it's a dilutable liquid you could use as a QD to top up and maintain the finish on the C1 (although sort of defeats the point) or you could use it neat as it's own LSP.

I got bored very quickly of nano products. Many, many claims, many new products constantly launching claiming to be better (although chemically they're often very similar and from the same chemist) and they're not as fun as a good wax IMO. Hence I went back to using Zymol myself quite recently. I still own a good chunk of Wolf's nano kit but I wouldn't personally choose to go back to Gtech stuff. If someone gave it to me, however, I'd be over the moon

Is there anything you haven't tried?! Ha.

I understand there will be a lot of degreasing and IPA prior to applying the G1, and the G4 will also be applied beforehand so hopefully the G1 will produce results. At £20 delivered I thought I'd give it a try. Have you tried the C4 Trim Restorer?

Ahhh your first post was C1, C2 and C4 :lol: very different products.

I can't remember which is which for the glass coating, but one lasts longer than the other, and the other sheets faster and at lower speeds, but didnt last very long at all on my car.

Apologies for the mix-up there :) I believe the G1 is the coating, and then the G2 is the residue remover followed by a wipe with cotton cloth. Did you apply G4 by hand? How long was not long? Quoted durability is up to 2 years, so I'd Be happy with 12 months.

Ah it's a tiny little bottle. I can't remember which coating lasts longer off the top of my head now. I tried both but tend to stick with wolfs now. Less fussy and lasts ages too

C4 is very very good.

I dont use my car a lot but it had one coating of the C4 permanent trim restorer when new and still 3 years on looks fantastic. Although becarefull as when applying it almost crystalizes on your microfibre so be sure to not start rubbing paintwork afterwards.

Ollie133cup":nturmejw said:
C4 is very very good.

I dont use my car a lot but it had one coating of the C4 permanent trim restorer when new and still 3 years on looks fantastic. Although becarefull as when applying it almost crystalizes on your microfibre so be sure to not start rubbing paintwork afterwards.
I thought the same as you. But this is G4 not C4. Meaning were meant to talk about the glass cleaner and not the trim coat :lol:

It's confusing. It says glass kit and specifies C1,C2 and C4, but meant G1,G2 and G4

It's not the easiest system to understand.

Especially now they have C1v2 and Exo and exosumminorotherv2 etc

G4 dries incredibly quick! Couldn't really work it into the glass. And the G1 is a nightmare to remove, used up all the G2 to remove it. Is the Wolfs nano system easier to use?

maggi112":2hfifkxy said:
I told you :p

Yes I found wolfs easier up apply, you can buy smaller bottles in a set from elite car care

I'll have to wait ''2 years'' for that ;)

Random but where i work we actually print the labels for these guys! Have you tried clb car cares range.... we work next door to them.... and do their labels too... aparently their stuff is shit hot and much cheaper! Fortnately i just take my car next door and they do it for me!

maggi112":845yn90j said:
It's confusing. It says glass kit and specifies C1,C2 and C4, but meant G1,G2 and G4

It's not the easiest system to understand.

Especially now they have C1v2 and Exo and exosumminorotherv2 etc

Agreed, its the same when they order them from us, so confusing.!!!

I believe Karl had issues with a long delayed delivery from them, I may be wrong on that though. As for the products, how many chemists that make these products do you imagine there actually are? Theres going to be many similarities between several detailing products.

Interestingly, the ingrediants between dodo juice lime prime and a exfoliating face scrub, the main ingredient that provides the cut is also used in many products elsewhere.