had it a week and its back in arnold clark to get fixed

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 980

Reaction score
I got my 59plate twingo 133 last tuesday on 20000 miles. was perfect. then about 3days ago it developed a strange intermittent noise. like a screech but not too high pitched. even more obvious when you lift he bonnet. been in getting looked at today at arnold clark and youve guessed it, it didnt make the noise. as soon as i picked it up it did it again after a few mins. so grabbed a mechanic and he had a listen and a feel. he said it needs a new water pump. that cant be good on such a new car can it? not happy at all.

and before today ive had people say is it not the clutch but its not. doesnt make a difference if the clutch is in or out.

not happy

Good thing is it's under warranty. Had the same with my rs mate had a gt for 2 years never went back to Reno bought my rs on a 10 plate with 6000 on the clock in September and I've takin it back bout 5 times

i understand certain problems but its not the best of feelins wondering what itll be like in a few years. i know if it was not under warranty i would have walked off and left the car there

I've had similar issues with me I've had a release baring and a slave cylinder and I noticed it due to a whirling noise when I put in the clutch and mine is a 59 plate with 15k on the clock and only 2 months back my main gearbox mount snapped and my engine moved to the drivers side and moved down causing friction by the belt motor and causing it to spark lol

its all been sorted now. they fitted a new water pump and that seems to have solved the problem...untill next time lol

markhardy":3krg6qml said:
its all been sorted now. they fitted a new water pump and that seems to have solved the problem...untill next time lol
There hasn't been many (or any) mentions of water pumps being faulty as far as I remember. I think you were rather unlucky to get the fault and even more unlucky with the timing of it :(

Hopefully it will be smooth from now and you will be smilling all summer :cool:

i know ive been reading through different sites and i think its just mine :cry: im loving it again already :D

Did they put a new cam belt on aswel cos u should fit a new 1 if it's had a new pump put on

Sounds like mine 8 weeks I've had it & 6 times it's been back to the stealers.. I'm now on the look out for a new car...
There's a nice Clio 200 raider I've been to look at twice now..