Hail set off my car alarm

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner154

Reaction score
tad over sensitive? anyone else had this.
Previously a Nissan ZX 200 with a loud exhaust managed to set it off as well

It's certainly not as sensitive as the Vauxhall Insignia car alarms, they are re-goddamn-diculous.

I usually set it off when I'm washing it, I'll unlock it then because I don't open the door it locks again...then the alarm goes off :p

madmatt":1v0oamx7 said:
I usually set it off when I'm washing it, I'll unlock it then because I don't open the door it locks again...then the alarm goes off :p

If you unlock it, open the door and close it again, it won't re-lock :idea:

Yeah unlock the car and don't open a door and it automatically re-locks!

An what would you prefer a sensitive alarm or some t**ts kicking it in and you be non the wiser....

Mines never gone off when it shouldn't either, the only car that hasn't done it as well

Mine's not gone off when it shouldn't as yet. Have had some fairly hefty hail etc as well.

Mine went off in hail a few weeks ago...was the first and only time ive heard it!

Mine goes off daily. I work on an aerodrome and as soon as an aircraft takes off, it's wailing away!

You can disable it by double pressing the lock button on your key but I normally forget.

or put the key in ur ignition turn it up one notch and turn it on and of 6 times then close the car door and lock it it will beep and it deaqctivates your sensors :p and to re activate it do the same and it will beep at u then its re-activated :)

matty_doh":3dq3l4zp said:
Mine goes off daily. I work on an aerodrome and as soon as an aircraft takes off, it's wailing away!

You can disable it by double pressing the lock button on your key but I normally forget.

My manual says that double pressing the lock button on the fob will deadlock the car (so doors cannot be opened from the handles inside etc), but the only way to disable the alarm is to follow matbry01's advice. Wouldn't make sense to have deadlocking your car disable the alarm!