Harness mounting points 3/4 Point

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
Hi, to anyone that currently or used to have harnesses in their Twingo's... Where did you attach the harnesses? Especially the front 2 lap belt points?

Thanks

I had 4-points in mine.

Rear two were clipped to some eyelets I purchased from a local fixings place. Screwed in where the rear seatbelts previously bolted in (standard harness eyelets are the wrong thread for this).

The front outside was clipped onto the rail where the standard seatbelt attaches.

The front inside was clipped to a standard harness eyelet which I attached to the OMP subframe with huge washers to spread the load (required an additional hole on the subframe).

Thanks Matt! I was looking to do the same with the rears as you explained actually as the bolts seemed ideally located and with the outside front lol. I was just curious about the inside front to be honest and I'm glad you knew how! How did you mount your standard seatbelt buckle?

I didn't run standard belts but you could potentially just drill through the subframe and mount them onto the subframe.

Ah I thought you did, I'll have a closer look on the weekend at everything, still need to measure and buy bolts etc.

Now that I've gone and checked what you mean with your harnesses and the seat belt rail, I know where you mean!

It's a little tight but if anything...it's better!

Just need to find a seat belt socket that doesn't have pre-tensioners but works with the Renault seat belt clip...