has anyone used pagid blue race pads?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
on their twingo? it's time to replace my brakes over the next 6 weeks. i like a nice firm pad with no pad compression that works through all temperature ranges. ferodo ds2500's or CL RC5's are currently the main option, but i'm curious to have a nosey on the pagid blue race pads which are the pads that the clio cup racers use.

i can pick a set up for the GT at around 150 peas which isn't too much above the CL's or ferodo's in the price range. i hear that they are real mans pads due to being strictly for track use only ... as are the CL's but they work just fine on the road lol hmm decisions decisions

How long would u expect to get out these pads? Been using brembo brake pads and rears lasted 8 months, and Im not a heavy braker

If your meaning RS4-2 blue, I had a set on the Audi before doing the big disc and Brembo caliper upgrade with RS14 pads.

I overheated the 4-2 once and had that hard pedal but not slowing down feeling. Yes its a heavier motor with more power and I think 288mm discs at the time which arent much bigger than the RStwingo. I was pressing on for a third run through a favourite section of twisties so that was really abusing them. With a couple of miles cool down, they were back to normal with no ill effects. They are oem spec on a lot of high spec cars but by that point, my discs were just too small for the engine spec.

RS14 were awesome and wouldn't fade even if I tried. Good grip from cold and still working well even witb a 325mm disc starting to glow. I got through two sets of discs for one set of pads :? Awesome but squealed abit wen cold and they are very pricy

aye, 150 bucks for a set of williams pads neil lol but compared to the ferodo's which are 0.42 C/E throughout the temperature range they are a bargain. once the front coilovers are on at the end of this week, i want to do some open pit lanes at knockhill so i want the best brakes possible. much rather go down a vast overkill route end up being killed so to speak lol!

even if i'm not driving a #becauseracecar! i still enjoy the feeling of having to get your tyres and brakes up to temperature :D

Didn't think you could get pagid race pads for a twingo as I asked about theses before and was told they didn't do them for a twingo ?? That was though euro car parts

'for a twingo' probably not no. but for a clio 172 or some of the meganes or other manufacturers pad shape if it's the same dimension wise will fit. the clio williams shares the same pad as the Twingo GT so i'd be getting those pads.