Has this got a cambelt or timing chain?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy89

Reaction score
To cut a very long story very short - after much talk of getting a twingo... the wife has had a massive change of heart and now wants the car below - but Im bothered abotu the cambelt (as we have just had my 307's done)

Does it have one?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410148204264/sort/default/page/6/postcode/sy14ab/radius/25/price-from/3000/price-to/4500/transmission/manual/maximum-mileage/up_to_70000_miles/quantity-of-doors/5/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

Thanks in advance :)

Tommy.

Timing chain BMW engine known to snap at like 40K, I wouldn't touch it.

Oil starvation problems with the turbos too need meticulous servicing.

Same engine as the cooper S and 207 GTI

Ah - didn't know the chains could snap at all - this one being on 52k I suppose its near that time. Tah for the feedback.

We had that engine in our Cooper S. It's not the timing chain that's bad, but the chain tensioner - it was poorly designed and, if it wasn't for some tough Arnold Clark Bashing, would have been a £1300 bill... I'd steer clear unless you know it's just been changed :)

Thank you Twins go - We have avoided it as it seemed a bit to much to take on. Still on the hunt!