have a leak :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw118

Reaction score
with the heavy rain, noticed both doors let water in, the passenger side worse then the drivers side, and isnt alot but definitley noticable. booked it into renault, 2 week wait, but just wondered i would think it will be covered under the warranty, but they want to charge me for a courtesy car, ( isnt much but as it isnt my fault why should i pay ) would the courtesy be included in the warenty as its there fault?

will post updates, i have had a look and cant see any obvious places where it could be coming from, guesing they will just replace the door seal. wonder what the courtesy car will be, long as it isnt the new pink twingo :( megane rs maybe :p

I got a cd wallet from under my passenger side seat and it was soaking I'm wondering if there's a leak from under there :/

Not having much luck with twig are we dave??

Any way you would look good in the new pink twingo!! ;)

dw118":1bvktvj2 said:
with the heavy rain, noticed both doors let water in, the passenger side worse then the drivers side, and isnt alot but definitley noticable. booked it into renault, 2 week wait, but just wondered i would think it will be covered under the warranty, but they want to charge me for a courtesy car, ( isnt much but as it isnt my fault why should i pay ) would the courtesy be included in the warenty as its there fault?

will post updates, i have had a look and cant see any obvious places where it could be coming from, guesing they will just replace the door seal. wonder what the courtesy car will be, long as it isnt the new pink twingo :( megane rs maybe :p

my drivers door seal went was a nightmare. they tried to blame me for apparently opening the door to hard and pushing the hinges back so the seal didnt work poperly.

i got onto ruk and they sorted it, got a courtesy car, dealer replaced the seal and it was perfectly fine after.

Hopefully should be a straight forward fix, will post updates on how it goes 2 week wait still until it even gets looked at.

maggi112":m3y2wr3z said:
If you pay for it, would that not make it a hire car rather than a courtesy?

Hope you get it sorted first time

Unless it's a courtesy car, but they're making you pay for insurance cover.

Still, I've never paid for a courtesy car, and think it's wrong to have to - especially for warranty work.

My drivers door seal was rubbish when I got the car - the first of many annoying problems with this twingo.

If you pay for it, its not a courtesy car... unless you are paying some sort of insurance excess if you are young - RUK will sort it out for you to have it all done free - just get your moany hat on and it works out fine.

I see the phase 2 twingos are no better built than the phase 1s then??? I'm so glad mines going soon..

When I say pay, it's £12. But still paying ( they told me the excess is £500)

noticed also, there is a annoying rattle coming from the passenger door area, which seems to disapear if i lower the window, not enough that its open but not quite full and it goes away, hopefully this the cause of the problem. car goes in on monday and will get some pics of the car they give me in the mean time.

Took it to Renault today, when I made the booking I specifically stated i needed it at half 2, they said yeah that's fine, I turn up an they told
Me I booked it for 8am :mad:..... I make another appointment while I'm there try day yeah half 2 is fine again, a while later I get a text of them saying its booked in for 8!!! Again!! I try to ring then to actually see what time it's booked in for and they are unaware I even booked it in.

Lookers can't tell the time!!

My dealer doesn't even seem to be taking my call :mad: at one point connecting me to seat!!! I'm thinking of trying Renault Manchester instead of lookers where I purchased my car from, can I still claim under warrenty from a different dealer then the one I purchased the car from? ( sorry if this is a silly question but I have never had to claim under warrenty before )

dw118":3lbky7sh said:
can I still claim under warrenty from a different dealer then the one I purchased the car from? ( sorry if this is a silly question but I have never had to claim under warrenty before )

If its the manufacturers (Renault) waranty, then that should be ok from another Renault dealer. Being new, pick a Renault dealer that your happy with or give RUK a call

It's different for aftermarket waranties offered where the manufacturers waranty has finished, as they may be tied into specific dealers and repair centers

Got my car back last week, due to holiday not had chance to see if has stopped, now that I'm home hope it is fixed.

Feel I may have got messed about with I just wanted it back regardless of weather they have done it or not so Inwet down and asked for it back and guessed what it had "just been fineshed" they knocked a bit of the cost of the car should have been £12 a day and I had it for 5 days, they charged me £20. When I finally got to my car was all boxed in, and some carefull reversing there was a smell in the interior suggesting they had done what they said they'd have.

He said it was the door seal around the door arch, which at having a look at the replacement fitted it looks a lot more up to the job the last one was very small, this one looks a more heavy duty version, also noticed they have done both sides too so hopefully it's water tight now.