Have to wait 10 months to move.......... so angry

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toni_133

Reaction score
My bf and I have bought a house which was went to have been finished by June, but we`ve just been told that it wont be ready till next March as they had the dates wrong. I`m so angry thank god we`ve not bought any large items........... rant over :)

WTF?! Can you not claim in some way? Breach of contract or whatever? To help claim the rent you'll no doubt be paying extra for all those months?

i`m lucky and still live wit the rents.... they are trying to get us into a three bed which is ready now but its more money so we aren't to sure what to do at the minute. I have a meeting with them tomorrow so i`m going to see what they have to say for themselves.

What is even more annoying is i have a mortgage in place waiting for the completion and a solicitor, so i might see if i can get the building firm to pay for any money we will lose. But one good thing is we an save more money between now and then and I can get the twingo`s alloys re-furb :)

That's crazy. A month or two delay could be understood, but a 9 month extension is ridiculous.

Would imagine you should be able to wrangle some form of compensation out of that.

It would be nice I think its the women we were dealing with fault as I think she was the one that got the completion dates messed up, I think the house was always scheduled to be built by March 2012. So it could be classed as miss saleing as well.

Estate agents useless ive been dealing with one and he become a twat so i nicly told him where to go.

Is there an ombudsman of property/real estate you could contact to see where you could potentially stand?

toni_133":mt1cg10k said:
What is even more annoying is i have a mortgage in place waiting for the completion and a solicitor, so i might see if i can get the building firm to pay for any money we will lose.
Just be careful because a mortgage offer will only remain in place for a few months, normally about 3.. Maybe you should contact the mortgage company and ask them. Also rather than spending a load of money unessercarily you could always save and have a bigger deposit for when you do move, or you could use it for a holiday after coz all the stress of moving lol ;-)

I know, our mortgage offer ends at the end of August, if we do have to wait till March we can save and put it towards to the mortgage then, i`m just worried about the interest rates increasing.

Damn that would get on my nuts!!

Sadly it's often the way with new build properties. Some friends of mine were waiting for their place to be built and it took loads longer than they were initially told.