Have you beaten the tax man or has he beat you?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had one of these.... Should I have received one? (hate the idea of a massive tax bill coming through)

You wouldn't believe that my dad is a chartered accountant would you... I should know more about tax.

tommy89":2huam3ti said:
I haven't had one of these.... Should I have received one? (hate the idea of a massive tax bill coming through)

You wouldn't believe that my dad is a chartered accountant would you... I should know more about tax.

It's very unlikely for someone to have underpaid tax with it mainly being automated now, you usually get rebates if you change jobs etc frequently.

Not everyone gets one

I should be getting £111 back from the tax man for taxing my savings when I'm a student, with no taxable income, and little savings. I look forward to it.

Haven't got one and never have.
As nice as it is to get a big lump sum of money you realise is technically your own money anyway and not a freebie of the tax man.
If you setup a savings account and put some money in it then it would be the same situation as this.

Chicken":zixrhs4h said:
Haven't got one and never have.
As nice as it is to get a big lump sum of money you realise is technically your own money anyway and not a freebie of the tax man.
If you setup a savings account and put some money in it then it would be the same situation as this.

True but this is generally money I've forgotten about, I see your point though

Both. Last year I owed him money, the year before that he gave me money.

This year, I don't know yet.