Head gasket gone?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neill70

Reaction score
Decided to change my oil & filter today, drained it then was about to refill with new oil, took the filler cap off and came face to face with a load off creamy mayo gunk (will put pic on tomorrow) car has been running fine admittedly short journeys only and not used any oil or coolant, anyone else had this or got any ideas other than the head?

Just hope it's covered in the warranty.

It's just the build up of condensation, where you aren't getting the engine fully warm. Quite normal.

If there was water in the bottom of your oil bowl, then you could have a problem - but I doubt it very much.

Take the car out for a 60 mile run each week, and I doubt you will ever see it again. :)

as above just condensation caused by the plastic rocker cover when the cars do town driving, or atleast not long motorway miles. as Araf said, take it a good blast and it will clear, however its nothing to worry about even if it is there.

thanks guys, will take it out for a blast at the weekends it only gets 5 mile journeys to work & back at the mo.

IMG_20130331_133822_zps5f2884b7.jpg

should also mention no smoke from the exhaust, its funny really as my mg head gaskit went a couple of months ago but that was boiling the coolant but no mayo in the oil?

It depends on where the gasket fails.

Between an oil way and the water jacket: water in oil

Between oil way and cylinder: blue smoke

Between water jacket and cylinder: white steam *

Between two cylinders: knocking noise and loss of power.

*As the water system is pressurised, water can still pour into the cylinder when the engine is turned off, which will hydrolock and can cause damage to conrod or end bearings if started again.

neill70":sswqj4ul said:
thanks guys, will take it out for a blast at the weekends it only gets 5 mile journeys to work & back at the mo.

IMG_20130331_133822_zps5f2884b7.jpg

should also mention no smoke from the exhaust, its funny really as my mg head gaskit went a couple of months ago but that was boiling the coolant but no mayo in the oil?
My old gt used to do that and like you did I shit myself but the Renault bloke said its where its not warming fully

well i am going to get it checked out by the warrenty guys anyway just to make sure as it runs out in may!

thats comp normal on those engines mate, the oil filler neck doesnt seal properly so causes water ingress and mayo build up is the end result :?

Yeah it seems so, took it out tonight for a 30 mile run and all seems ok, thanks for all the info guys.