Head unit and speaker upgrade

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo-gt-2k8

Reaction score
Orite every 1 im after some advice about a head unit and speakers for my GT,
Im looking at a Kenwood KDC-W7031 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-KDC-W7031-Car-CD-MP3-WMA-iPod-FM-Player-Stereo-/230874658824?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35c133b808

And fitting these speakers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370609357019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Do you ice experts think this will produce a half decent sound im on a budget at the moment and im looking for a nice bass and not much distorsion at a medium volume

Am i right thinking the twingo has 4 of 10cm spekers 2 in the doors and 2 in the rear?

I would imagine that they would offer a decent upgrade but you'd be surprised how cheap a set of door speakers made by a known brand are.

I uprated the door speakers in my Mrs Twingo to a set of Alpines that were only £30! They'd definitely be a safe bet in terms upgraded sound. :)

i genuinely really liked the Pioneer renault fitment ones when i had them in my DCi100, they need an aftermarket head unit to get much benefit from them but went nicely when paired with one.

you can get better components for the money but for the sake of not having to hide any crossovers and run any wires etc i liked them!

Alex_225":38mlxqjj said:
I would imagine that they would offer a decent upgrade but you'd be surprised how cheap a set of door speakers made by a known brand are.

I uprated the door speakers in my Mrs Twingo to a set of Alpines that were only £30! They'd definitely be a safe bet in terms upgraded sound. :)

Hi sorry to revive an old thread but which Alpine speakers were they?

about head unit i like alpine and pioneer, for easy upgrade, but if you want to do big sound system, the older alpine and pioneer are the best..
about speaker i like coral and hertz, always talking about little upgrade