Headlights

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbarker

Reaction score
Was thinking of changing the bulbs as I think the stock ones are a bit poor ...

For once the Twingo Engine bay seems to have some room around the back of the light clusters (unlike most cars) so looks pretty easy to do .. like 10 min job ! If I do swap though are they likely to need re-alignment ??

Plus what bulbs are any good ? Was thinking about the Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs .. these seem to look good...

Will these make other bulbs on car look different colour though ?

To be fair mate if your going for brightness yopur best bet is HIDS I put phillip blue visions in before my HIDS and did think there was much change

Thanks for the advice but I really just want to stick to replacement bulbs ... havne't consulted the manual yet but are they an easy swap .. lokos like there is plenty of space behind the light clusters ?

I had a trawl and reckon the Nightbreakers seem to have the best reviews ... not sure what anyone else thinks ?

Very easy.

Remove the cover and then the bulb :) there more room behind the drivers headlight then there is the passengers side

Thanks I thouhgt so .. looked easy and lots of room ...

So will I need to have a realignment doen if I swap them or should they still be ok ?

As long as you dont know the adjuster out of place then you should be fine

i think u should go down the HID route as well. They arent that much more expensive than decent bulbs and after seeing them yesterday, they make a huge huge difference.

If you're simply changing the bulb then no you won't need them aligning (it's the bulb holder that adjusts not the bulb itself).

Another recommendation for HIDs though. Failing that, get the Phillips ones as Karl suggested.

phillips blue vision are the closest you can get to white light, they emit more light than a standard bulb, and are "whiter"

but they are not amazing, no standard bulb will be mate,

HID conversion kits use less current are one heck of allot brighter, easy to fit, and come with a year warentey...

How is it with HID in UK? Is it street legal? In Slovakia its possible only if you have headlights jet washers and automatic leveling, otherwise i could loose papers...

kizzye":3jp1jsbg said:
Hattonperformance sorted & fitted mine for £55. They are road legal over here
Technically they're not. HIDs should be factory fitted with washers, projectors and should self-level.

This only really becomes an issue come MOT time though.

Matt":12f9ypsn said:
kizzye":12f9ypsn said:
Hattonperformance sorted & fitted mine for £55. They are road legal over here
Technically they're not. HIDs should be factory fitted with washers, projectors and should self-level.

This only really becomes an issue come MOT time though.

I forgot about this :x

10 months and I'll have to swap them all out for an MOT!