Health Kick

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
I am trying to get healthy again, lose my belly! I have a busy life so don't really have much time to go to the gym etc and fast food is alot more convenient!

But,,, my question to all you lovely people is, what have you done to get healthier/better body, I am up for trying anything.

Cheers :)

I have done feck all to get healthier. Never been thin but never been Obese so not bothered for now.

i eat what i want
do what i want
put on weight if i want

on plus side i play football twice a week and now coaching Youth Football once or twice a week.

ive never been to the gym and dont intend to go. simple fact is i wouldnt like others judging me for saying o look he wants to lose weight because he needs to.

Since I've started working I've cut out a lot of junk food and started eating veg more often. Also my work can be fairly physical I.e lifting and carrying things and I've lost 2 stone and developed some muscle, probably not helpful to you but cutting out junk food just because it's convent is a good start and finding ways of doing small amounts of exercise/weight lifting could be a good start.

My advice would be to try and cut out junk where possible. I eat 'junk' all the time as we only have microwaves where I work, so its sandwiches or ready meals or a trip out to the chippy/mcdonalds or something!
But the key is to just balance your diet, eating healthily is always good but it's ok to have the odd ready meal, chocolate or fast food etc. every so often.

If you don't have time for the gym and stuff or you don't fancy doing fitness regimes then walking or cycling as has been suggested is a good start, even if its just something you do on a Saturday morning (if its time consuming to do during the week).

I'm taking up swimming once a fortnight which is good for excercise but also relaxing. Especially after a long day at work I can just go down in the evenings (as its open til late) and spend an hour or so there. It's not expensive and its a good way to chill out but keep healthy at the same time. Don't think I'll be applying for the Olympic Games any time soon though lol.

Twingogeekeo":3ih32aeh said:
Bike to and from work

This :)

Plus I also have made a few subtle changes to diet.

Pepsi max/ coke zero instead of Pepsi/coke
Periodically have smoothie, water or juice instead of cola
Cut down on caffeine by switching from normal tea to tea blends
Have relevant portion sizes and cut out some of the bad for you snacks (well, replace with better option rather than cut)

Im just naturally gorgeous....

haha

eat lots of fruit and drink water...
i also do a little redbull diet.. nothing but redbull, gives massive mood swings but you dont eat much haha

I've started walkin more at work like instead if jumpin on a bus from the garage to take my bus over I walk and after I've taken the kids to school I walk the dog for a hour

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I have been cutting down a lot of the junk food and the energy drinks as it has been mucking up with my heart :/

I am going to start cycling soon hopefully, because the exercise i get is Karate once a week, and football once a week if i am lucky.

The main thing i am finding hard is eating fruit instead of some chocolate/crisps.

maggi112":2vwisqzi said:
That has to be the most dangerous diet I've ever hear of. I hope it's a joke?

wasn't a joke no

makes you p*ss like a race horse!!

My time to shine :D

Right you say you don't have enough time but I'm sure you have 20 minutes before you go to bed

Squat for 12-20 reps for 3 sets
Press ups 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets
Crunches 12 reps for 3 sets
(Have 30-60 second break between sets
There's your very basic workout for every other day or every 3 days depending on if you still hurt or not. If it starts to get easy add another set to it.

For diet drink around 2-4 pints of water a day. Drink water with a meal aswell as it will fill you up quicker. Don't go for diet drinks as they are usually pumped full of chemicals that would do your body more harm than a bit of sugar. If you do want a energy drink go for the Neuro (sonic is my favorite) drinks as they are a 'vitamin and herbal beverage' that I fine give me a massive energy boost at 37 calories.

Reduce your salt intake.

If you feel hungry between meals snack on some cashew nuts as they are really nice and healthy :p

If you do go to get fast food don't eat the bread with it you may look a bit strange but that will save about 200-300 calories a burger.

I found that if you eat 2 high fibre breakfast bars for breakfast they usually fill you up until lunch if not have another they hardly have any calories in them.

Buy some multivitamins (PM me if you want a good brand that uses safe ingredients) They will top up your vitamin levels that your most likely not getting enough of and this will give you lots on energy.

Fitness and nutrition is my not so very secret anymore hobby :p

Dubz":2us3o2ar said:
My time to shine :D

Right you say you don't have enough time but I'm sure you have 20 minutes before you go to bed

Squat for 12-20 reps for 3 sets
Press ups 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets
Crunches 12 reps for 3 sets
(Have 30-60 second break between sets
There's your very basic workout for every other day or every 3 days depending on if you still hurt or not. If it starts to get easy add another set to it.

For diet drink around 2-4 pints of water a day. Drink water with a meal aswell as it will fill you up quicker. Don't go for diet drinks as they are usually pumped full of chemicals that would do your body more harm than a bit of sugar. If you do want a energy drink go for the Neuro (sonic is my favorite) drinks as they are a 'vitamin and herbal beverage' that I fine give me a massive energy boost at 37 calories.

Reduce your salt intake.

If you feel hungry between meals snack on some cashew nuts as they are really nice and healthy :p

If you do go to get fast food don't eat the bread with it you may look a bit strange but that will save about 200-300 calories a burger.

I found that if you eat 2 high fibre breakfast bars for breakfast they usually fill you up until lunch if not have another they hardly have any calories in them.

Buy some multivitamins (PM me if you want a good brand that uses safe ingredients) They will top up your vitamin levels that your most likely not getting enough of and this will give you lots on energy.

Fitness and nutrition is my not so very secret anymore hobby :p

pm'd you mate :)