Hello all, I'm new here- loving my new Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbieb22

Reaction score
Hi all,

recently bought a newish Twingo RS and so far am loving it (other than it loves to drink petrol). I live in outer London so yet to have the joy of a B-road blast but, my parents live in Norfolk which has all the B road you could ever wish for! Never before have I wanted to drive back home so much lol. any way here is a picture of it- hello to all!

Attachments

• my car no plate.jpg
    my car no plate.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 7,252
Thanks guys, I love the colour too! not sure whats the best polish for it though. is it true you can't polish new cars as the paint is still 'soft'?

Welcome. I'm quite frequently over in Norfolk, there's some great fun roads in a 133 :D

robbieb22":ygczd32j said:
Thanks guys, I love the colour too! not sure whats the best polish for it though. is it true you can't polish new cars as the paint is still 'soft'?
As far as I was aware you can polish a new car. Autoglym super resin is ok to use :)

sdr89":f3r7eg2n said:
Welcome you've got to love a good B road blast

I really cant wait. Living in London drives me mad at time! Might head out to Kent at the weekend for a blast!

Welcome to the club. Looking at those wheels you have a non cup chassis at a guess?

Friedchicken91":36urfh2m said:
Welcome to the club. Looking at those wheels you have a non cup chassis at a guess?

:oops: don't say it like that. like pointing to the fat kid and laughing! lol. yes your right its a non cup chassis. still hugs the road well, and I'm pleased with it. It is a joint car that my wife and I share and bought nearly new- having the cup chassis was not an option, unless we wanted to go brand new!

robbieb22":2bbe9qy3 said:
Friedchicken91":2bbe9qy3 said:

:oops: don't say it like that. like pointing to the fat kid and laughing! lol. yes your right its a non cup chassis. still hugs the road well, and I'm pleased with it. It is a joint car that my wife and I share and bought nearly new- having the cup chassis was not an option, unless we wanted to go brand new!

I'm not trying to point you out. I have never seen one without cup pack before. Think of it as unique :D and aslong as you like it who cares :p

I'm surprised there are not more non cup one. how much more does the cup chassis cost from new? they are pretty bumpy anyway with the standard chassis- you guys in the cups ones must feel every lump and bump. When I test drove it the guy at the Renault dealer ship told me it was a cup chassis and it had a 1.6 turbo charged engine. I went there looking to get a Clio so new very little about the twingos. I done some home work and found out the guy knew very little about what he was selling lol!

robbieb22":2t6z5qof said:
I done some home work and found out the guy knew very little about what he was selling lol!

as is most of the cases with dealers it would appear.

robbieb22":18r670ym said:
I'm surprised there are not more non cup one.
There are a few but the cup just seems to be that bit more popular as the option isn't really that much more expensive