Hello! Another new 133 Cup owner here

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotchiguy

Reaction score
Been lurking a few months now, on here and the classifieds :p finally picked up a blue Cup the other day. Glad I'd read on here so knew what to look for with the steering column creak & ball joints so hope it paid off and I've got a good one! Also thanks for the heads up about declaring cup pack to Admiral, the lady couldn't understand that stiffer suspension isn't for "cosmetic purposes". :cool:

One thing I can't find an answer to is that in the handbook there is a piece of paper saying Renault UK fitted an alarm to it. Is this something all 133s have? Contact 7887 or something.

Silvertec bulbs and Osram NBUs are about as far as modding will get, I'm amazed I can get insurance to begin with!

Will get some pics up tomorrow, my phone doesn't seem to want to do it now.

hi mate welcome along! no doubt you've got a good one, there aren't many bad twingo's out there :)

Welcome to the forum. The 133 is the only car I've ever owned for more than one year and not got bored of. Though despite what you say, be prepared for the modding bug to sneak up on you. I initially tried to resist but only made it about a month until it was on the rolling road. After that the mods kept gradually coming.

Hope you enjoy it's a great car :)

Welcome along mate!

That was our plan too: just upgrade as things break, no modding. That's gone right out the window!

dbird":2xv02kka said:
wait what, declare cup suspension to admiral insurance???

Yeah, Admiral and all its affiliates like Bell etc will only repair to "manufacturers standard specification". Most insurers define that as how the car came out the factory, but not them. So you have to declare all factory options. Alloys and stiffer suspension (don't want to say lowered) added ~£60 for me.

Here she is: :)

singlespeed":339lq0ht said:
Welcome :)

Thats looking tidy. Maybe wrap the front bar behind the reg plate.

Yeah I've seen a few people do that on here but they seemed to say it wasn't as easy as it looked. Black vinyl wrap is pretty cheap, may be worth a go even if I just take it off afterwards. Going to sort the plates out too, don't like the EU symbol on there :p

I'm in Watford/Bushey by the way.

My car came was missing a parcel shelf when I got it, so I bought one on eBay from "seagullrestorer". Is that anyone on here? Just wondering because I put a seagulls back together a few years ago and am still interested in them.

Welcome to the madhouse, nice colour just needs some white stickers on it ;)

Twins go":26rgiten said:
Welcome along mate!

That was our plan too: just upgrade as things break, no modding. That's gone right out the window!

So true! 1k miles in and I'm about to wrap the reg recess, have already swapped the plates to get rid of the GB mark, fitted a 133net sticker, and have all the bits ready to link fogs to mainbeam as per Neil's thread, and to retrofit cruise control!

I didn't get a parcelshelf either does any twingo one fit an rs twingo? Was thinking of getting one too

Yeah any one will fit. I just got one off eBay, £20 I think it was. It's a bit of a waste of time but if you've got any valuables in the boot it's nice to be able to cover them up. Even if you can't see much through the glass it's tinted so dark anyway!

Yeah I know it's not much of a parcel shelf :D more to hide stuff in the boot I suppose.... Cheers