Hello from Southampton.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toomer

Reaction score
Hello all my names Matt I'm 20 years old and I'm currently on the lookout for a white twingo 133 cup to replace my megane R26, I've had Renaultsport's in the past coming from a 182 to the R26 and now looking to downsize to a 133 as the girlfriend is now 18 and insurance is affordable, are there any 133's on here in Southampton or surrounding areas as I would love to have a passenger ride in one before putting the R26 up for sale.

Please tell me im not mad coming from the megane to the 133 but running cost's are also part of the reason I want to get rid.

Thanks
Matt.

The R26.
59a86c27-1407-bc9d.jpg

My old 182.
59a86c27-142d-faea.jpg

Welcome Matt.

Theres a few people that have downsized and not regretted it, some have upgraded and still miss the 133.

Alex has made some good comparisons before, as he owns 133, 182, 225 :)

Thanks for the reply's, It would be good to hear his opinion if he's got all 3 as I've had very similar cars except the 133.

Haha the R26 is a very capable car and I'm worried about missing it lol but if your ever down this way give me a pm and if I've still got it I'm sure we can go for a spin.

I'm due down there to visit a friend over next few months so possibly give you a try in a 133 too

welcome.

i will be in southampton this weekend and most weekends if u wanna say hi at some point. could take a spin through the new forest

I downsized from a 2.0 litre 180 bhp car to the 1.2 Turbo Twingo and in all honesty I prefer the Twingo, it handles better (probably as I fitted coilies) and isn't exactly slow if you drive it right. I don't think you'll regret downsizing!

manofhow":1m273mbo said:
welcome.

i will be in southampton this weekend and most weekends if u wanna say hi at some point. could take a spin through the new forest

That sounds great, I will pm you my number later and we can sort something out :)

JE_GT":3bgrz3ku said:
I downsized from a 2.0 litre 180 bhp car to the 1.2 Turbo Twingo and in all honesty I prefer the Twingo, it handles better (probably as I fitted coilies) and isn't exactly slow if you drive it right. I don't think you'll regret downsizing!

Thanks for your reply mate, sounds like these twingo's live up to the Renaultsport name.

they certainly dont let the rs name down, they not the quickest in a straight line (but who cares) but show it a corner and just hold on and thats when you smile :)

Hi I'm not sure if it's any help but I have the limited edition twingo Silverstone number 3 of 50 I'm selling only 3100 miles on the clock as I'm moving to Dubai in a few months.

welcome! i have recently down sized from a clio 200 to the 133, dont regret it! petrol wise savings are not much but you will find to save most from tax & insurance, i got a nice little refund when i swapped my insurance over :)

manofhow":29aswvof said:
they certainly dont let the rs name down, they not the quickest in a straight line (but who cares) but show it a corner and just hold on and thats when you smile :)

Glad to hear that mate :).

twingo3":2xt0l8ol said:
Hi I'm not sure if it's any help but I have the limited edition twingo Silverstone number 3 of 50 I'm selling only 3100 miles on the clock as I'm moving to Dubai in a few months.

Could be interested, what's involved with the silverstone edition? Not to clued up on these twingo's.

Clairemae":tu3jqsb9 said:
welcome! i have recently down sized from a clio 200 to the 133, dont regret it! petrol wise savings are not much but you will find to save most from tax & insurance, i got a nice little refund when i swapped my insurance over :)

Running costs of my megane are a lot more than my 182 was, but I guess that's down to the turbo and the general size difference, my main issue is things like tyres, 1 pilot sport is around the £200 mark and being a fwd turbo it eats them. What's the tax bracket on a 133? The megane is around £250 I think, and insurance will be a lot cheaper :).