(HELP) Accelerator pedal sticking on full throttle

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteWilko

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their accelerator pedal sticking on full throttle?
Whenever I give my RS 'The beans' in 1st, 2nd, or sometimes 3rd gear, the engine stays at full trottle for a few seconds when I take my foot off the gas and dip the clutch pedal to change up a gear. As I'm sure you can imagine, this has the potential to become a very dangerous fault.

The throttle works perfectly during normal steady driving, it only becomes problematic if I'm accelerating hard.

I have sprayed the pedal mechanism with WD40 and I have ensured that the pedal isn't catching on anything or getting stuck on the edge of the foot well mat.
Do I need to change the pedal? Could it be possible that it's not the pedal at fault and that there is something wrong with the engine management system, or could it be something else that Ive not thought of?

What I'd like to know is - Have any of you experienced a similar problem, and is there an easy fix that any of you may know about?

It does sound like the actual throttle body is getting stuck. Or there's an issue with the throttle body sensor

Many thanks for the advice guys. I'm away on holiday for half term, but I'll check it out when I get back and let you know if it solves the problem. Thanks again.