Help: Boot wont open

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
Hey,

I have went into my car and the interior light wasnt working thought it may have been the bulbs so changed them and then put the standard Twingo Light back in (I had three lights from a megane) but nope still wont work...

So i then went to try get into my boot but everytime i click the button it wont open, so can anyone shed some light on this...

Is the fuse gone or will i need to take it to my local Renault Garage (Arnold Clark :( )

thanks

Have u checked from the inside to see if something has managed to jamb itself in the lock somehow? like a sleeve or something?

Don't think there is anything that can get stuck there :/ i will have a look though

If the light isn't on, it may be that the boot is still locked (hence it not opening). Try closing all the doors and relocking then unlocking again.

The fuses are behind the panel in the glove box. Page 5.26-> of the drivers manual, shows only one for interior/courtesy lighting, which also feeds the revcounter and air con( Fuse No 18). If your cabin light and/or rev counter work, it's unlikely to be the fuse.

Don't think it would be central locking fuse either as when mine went, all the locks were affected. If your doors still work then it's not the same problem I had.

Still, definitely worth checking fuses.

The boot button is the same fitted to the Clio 3 and they fail time to time.

Tonight I was just out driving and realised the rev counter doesnt work either :/

I dunno what to do :( boot will still not open

have you tried the other functions on the car?

on my clio's the blower never worked on mine until i changed a fuse that was linked to something else... from memory it was the central locks.

I think you need to gore nails as you've upset your car some how

HigtonA":1s8p1ibw said:
Tonight I was just out driving and realised the rev counter doesnt work either :/

I dunno what to do :( boot will still not open
as interior light and rev counter are on the same fuse, have a look in the glove box and see if fuse 18 is blown as it sounds likely to be the culprit.

Looking at the blade fuses, you can see wether they have blown or not from the link being there or blown between the two legs.

Which one is 18? Sorry I have never had this problem before so I dont know which one it is, there isn't one with the number 18 :/ helppp

Not sure if theres a map on the cover panel, showing the layout of the fuses. Worst case, pull them one at a time and it will be fairly obvious if you check each one.

I'll have a look in the morn and see if the numbering is obvious ;)

photo.jpg

7075916661_d1a0fb32a6_c_d.jpg

Arrowed is number 12 for the UCH power. Fuse 18 is the red 10A below this
To try and narrow down why it blew, switch off the interior light and check or remove the ones you fitted in the boot if they are still there (securely tape any loose ends if you broke into the loom). Replace fuse with another 5Amp (don't go bigger as theres probably a reason it blew), try boot opening a couple of times. Start engine and check rev counter is working. Switch on interior light and hopefully all good :idea:

Yeah the fuse numbering is ridiculous... There are plenty of fuses listed that don't exist too! Best thing to do is check the lot of them. Will take circa 15 mins probably, some of them are a *****.

I was too tired to do anything today because I don't want to make a mistake from tiredness, is it easy to remove the fuses?

Maggi may suggest a hammer :)

Theres probably a small tool for removing the fuses, clipped to the back of the fusebox cover. Just use these tweezers to grip the head of the fuse and then gently pull the fuse straight out. Without the tool, fingers or a set of thin nosed pliers.

Just do one at a time and put the same rated fuse back where it belongs. Easy :)

If it helps theres a small wire tool in the spare wheel compartment that looks like it could help