HELP!! track control arm

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAN_1988

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place I can purchase the track control arm with ball joint for the 58plate twingo 133 please?

Only has 15,000 miles on the clock. Poor really!

Best price I can find is £164.82 a side

https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/categories/Select-Car-Model/Renault-Twingo-Range/Renault-Twingo-2-Range%2C-2007%252d2013/Twingo-Steering-%7B47%7D-Suspension/

Any discount codes for renaultpartsdirect?

How much are people paying to have these replaced outside of warranty with Renault? Or is there a good independent garage that can buy these parts and fit them too?

Help would be most appreciated

You can buy the ball joint from a user here over in Europe? I'd it the whole arm that's damaged

Need to get it on the ramps tomorrow and take a good look but I was told by a mechanic they are shot! But maybe from what ive seen on here its mainly the common ball joint. Unfortantly not so common to buy lol

Yeah I seen that you can buy just the ball joint from the member on here but would need to still remove the arm and remove the old one by welding and then put the new one in. I don't think the mechanic would do all that and put it back together the same day. So might need to buy the whole arm and refurb the old ones for future is the idea

Probably because you can't buy them separately he told you that, could replace them with a universal balljoint rubber until you can get a proper fix

have a look at this thread: https://www.twingo133.net/suspension-and-brakes/suspension-bushings-t2955.html

As i already wrote to you via PN, it's in almost every case only the balljoint that is broken.
The rubber get's damaged due to heat (from the brake discs) and squeezing through constructive compromise from the Designers ;-)

The arme itself (and the other bushings) are good for more than 100k miles....

Regards from Germany

Dino
from twingo133.com (where you can find the balljoints you need) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.