Help! Will they fit?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sick of having to be sooo careful with these 17" low profiles on the Twingo. I wan't to take them off and keep them in good condition.
There's a chap near me selling some 17" Sparco 4x100 with 215/45/17 tyres. I don't know the width of the alloy, but they can't be much wider, they came off an ST.

Anybody got a similar set up running? Should it be ok? :S

fiesta ST's are not 4x100 or are they multi fitments? 215/45/17's from what i've read so far will have no chance of fitting :) some of the boys on here struggle with 17'' 205's

oscar":barzq73d said:
fiesta ST's are not 4x100 or are they multi fitments? 215/45/17's from what i've read so far will have no chance of fitting :) some of the boys on here struggle with 17'' 205's

Well that's that then xD

I was told they were 4x100...lies! 4x108 seems more like it.

Shame, they would have looked great too :p

THanks for the advice :)

Not a hope with those tyres and being 17", they are bound to be 7" wide rims, so your still going to have the same issues as the standard Cup alloys if you change to other 17" rims.

205/40/17 makes a difference in rim potection and doesn't give any noticable problems on the Cup rims. Still not brilliant or fool proof against kerbing, but a noticable difference

singlespeed":2gpxm1vf said:
Not a hope with those tyres and being 17", they are bound to be 7" wide rims, so your still going to have the same issues as the standard Cup alloys if you change to other 17" rims.

205/40/17 makes a difference in rim potection and doesn't give any noticable problems on the Cup rims. Still not brilliant or fool proof against kerbing, but a noticable difference

Ah, right! So I'm looking to go smaller. Are you running 15" singlespeed?
If you don't mind me asking, what set up are you running? Yours look fantastic!

Speedline 2118 rims. 7x15 ET43, 4x100 and 60mm center bore.
Tyres 195/50/15 (previously 195/55/15)

That still leaves a stretch to the tyres but a much taller sidewall :)

singlespeed":7nj23yfg said:

They look fantastic! Stupid question but is your twingo lowered? I'm wondering if my car was running a similar setup, would mine look daft running them stock :/

Moomin_Man":1ep35993 said:
singlespeed":1ep35993 said:

They look fantastic! Stupid question but is your twingo lowered? I'm wondering if my car was running a similar setup, would mine look daft running them stock :/
Silly question indeed :)

Although, it wasn't lowered when they first went on with 55 profile three (pics half way down here)
projects-progress-threads/renaultsport-gordini-159-t1816-25.html

I think the fitment on mine is pretty good
jymyte4u.jpg

Autec wizard mag alloy 16x7 4x100

Running 195,40,16

maggi112":2672vpkg said:
I've looked at 195/40r16 and the choice seems limited at best? Did you simply want the extra clearance?

If I'm honest I didn't even think about the tyre size cus it was a package with wheels and tyres. So I just picked the best ones from the list of options but I do rate them a lot. Pirelli p zero Nero :)

Well i sat the standard wheels and these one next to each other and then put a spirit level on the top, indenticle I kid you not it was so strange

So in actually size there seemed to be no difference but I have had issues with my traction control :/ it cuts in all the time where it wouldn't before, it's a bit weird

I would like to lower my RS cup 2.5cm with KW springs.
Fot this winter I just fitted Borbet LV4 7 x 16 with 195/45/16.
In the summer, the cup alloys would go back under te car.
Can I expect problems? Will the wheels touch te arches?