Help with company name problem

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib3tti3

Reaction score
Hi guys
Hoping someone can help me out here, Basically I've started my own company Kernow Flooring ltd got it all registered with companies house and i'm in the process of setting things up when I came across a guy in the next town using kernow flooring I didn't find it before when I googled it because for some reason you can only access it when you type it in the address bar (I found it when trying to see who had the .co.uk domain I wanted) i'm wondering where I go from here as I think he had the name first! I intend to be a company, he is a man with a website and mobile number! Any body with any input it would greatly appreciated
cheers Matt

You have the Ltd name, so in theory you have entitlement. However, it will cause confusion, and if he has been going for a while, then I would bow out gracefully, and change your company name before you really get established.

You could be cheeky, and ask him if he wants to buy your company shell, for what it has cost you - before you pay for a name change.

If you're registered with Companies House online it's quite quick to file an NM01 to change the name, assuming you're the only director/shareholder at the moment you could have it done today.

I would simply look at changing the name, it'll be the cheapest and quickest option for all. I wish I could tell you what the fee is but we do all ours via our software and I never bother looking, think it's ~£8 online or £10 via paper.

Ok well thanks for the input guys guess I'll have to rack my brains for a new name again! :-(

Araf":oa19tfyf said:
Laid Right Flooring?
That's a good one! was thinking Floor Essence with the slogan The crucial element in every home?
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

Matt

How About A Shag? (Carpet Layers) Ltd

County Flooring (Kernow) Ltd

Luxury Flooring (Kernow) Ltd

Cornish Flooring Experts Ltd

A few which should ring with your locals.

Flooring Four Lords Ltd

Over Par Flooring Ltd

South of Eden Flooring Experts Ltd

Is the other chap's company registered on Companies House under the same name? It could be the case that his firm is named under something else but he trades as Kernow Flooring?

funky_d":1j66kq8q said:
Is the other chap's company registered on Companies House under the same name? It could be the case that his firm is named under something else but he trades as Kernow Flooring?
No he isn't registered he is just another man in a van, ive seen hundreds come and go in my 10 years!!

Anyway thanks for the help guys, ive gone and changed the name job done!

cheers matt

First For Floors sw ltd took a while and had ideas from so many people but this one works

I've just seen this, and although the topic is old, I thought you might appreciate it.

enhanced-buzz-19534-1381222490-1.jpg

Araf":36pxxwno said:
I've just seen this, and although the topic is old, I thought you might appreciate it.

enhanced-buzz-19534-1381222490-1.jpg

You're* :evil: