Hesitant power

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patch

Reaction score
Guys, the 133 seems to have a mega flat spot low in the revs, hesitates then picks up after a second or two. It also kangaroo's like mad for first 10 mins or so. I contacted renault about a software update (after searching on here) but I'm told they aren't aware there is one. After around 3k revs engine revs spot on.

Any help or suggestions on resolving this or at least improving it? I noticed the rubber bung from the airbox has been taken out so will cover this with duct tape in the hope this helps air/ fuel mix.

Greatfull for any help or advice, cheers.

My car has rubber bung removed and this does not affect the driving of the car. If u have the standard exhaust, I found cutting out silencers made the car better lower done the revs.

If you let the car idle on start up for 30 seconds to a minute it shouldn't kangaroo when driving. Mine doesn't anyway only if I start and drive straight away

Yeah I've tried that it certainly helps but its still a pig. I'm sure that it can't be normal to have this along with the terrible flat spot.

There's a patch that you can get done at your renault dealer that's fixed this problem for other members

Having the same problem. got the latest ECU update from Renault but still has a big flatspot around 3k revs.

Doesn't feel like it helped at all to be honest mate, could be a different story for yours though

Yeah hopefully mate, like Universe said, its a risk worth taking.

Although if I'm being honest it can be so frustrating at times its making me wonder why I sold the ep3. Although I fancied a change should have possibly looked else where.

Mine does it too. Let the car idle for 60 seconds after starting it. Sorts it right out.

After getting the car back from Renault its now much much better, not perfect but well with the money, so much more drivable now. Decided to treat it to a set of RS mats. If anyone is interested Renault have more stock on ebay, currently £33 delivered.

Would Renault know if your car had been in for this via the network?

I'm a new owner and I was wondering if there is a way to find out if this had been done. While I have most of the paper work with the car the actual service invoices are missing so don't know exactly what has been done in the past.

No, I'm afraid until its done there is no way of knowing.

They explained to me after it was updated that the car had 'accepted the map' and is having the new fault codes cleared off before a test drive. The fault codes appear after the update due to the new settings but clear off in minutes.

I was unsure, took a gamble and I'm glad I did, car is much better.

Interesting. So say you went in for a main dealer service where they are supposed to update software within the service when they plug the ECU in isn't this covered in it?

It's crazy if no revision number is added to the software.

It would appear not. I found it strange that they had no way of knowing and no record of any updates. Some dealers won't acknowledge that an ECU update was ever available. It took a bit of explaining over the phone to the second Renault dealer I called.

OK thanks patch, I'll keep it in mind for the future. The one I picked up on Friday has a very slight kangaroo effect pulling off in first and it's nothing to do with my clutch control for sure.

My wife who's a driving instructor said 'use the clutch properly' until she watched me and realised it wasn't me. Funny thing is I said to her it's like the engine management seems to be at fault.

TBH it is pretty small kangaroo on mine and it really is debateable to even both having it remapped, sounds like others have it bad though.