Hesitant power

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they`re the mats with the updated RS badge patch, got myself a set a couple of weeks ago because I have a 2011 with the new badging on. Well worth the asking price!

Like i said mine was done, my dad actually works for Renault and he was the one to do it, he bought the paperwork home for it. I'll dig it out and see if there's any update numbers on it.

Yeah they were the updated RS badge, expecting mine today. Just had a cracking b road blast.

You won`t be disappointed! I have a mirage grey RS but as I say, cos mine was a 2011 it came with the new badges. I have the mats with the orange stitching and Renaultsport logo but was after a set of the new mats. Another member put a link on here for them and they were a really good price, so I ordered a set. Goes nice with the grey.

Only indication of software version is "F200", was done on 20/5/15 before this latest update it was on "F000"

Dave_133":2qz3pu92 said:
Only indication of software version is "F200", was done on 20/5/15 before this latest update it was on "F000"

Cheers Dave.

So that F200 is the latest but no guarantee it fixes it. mmh OK.

Mine only seems to suffer from the pulling off and the initial first gear bite when it is first let out and fully load with pulling the car, bit of a rev drop. It doesn't seem as fast as my 106gti but all data available would suggest that is correct anyway.

The 106 is lighter and as such has more bhp per ton. Only slightly mind, there's not much in it but my old gti felt slightly nippier I'd say, hard to remember as it was 12 years ago now.

Patch I bought my 106 in 1999 cough :shock:
Yeah not miles apart like you say though but just enough to notice.

Wow :)

I'd compare it more to a Saxo VTR I had in 2003. I know these were 8v units (and only 100bhp) but power wise it feels similar. Just a fun car to drive hard.

Yes can't complain about the fun patch and lets face it it's perfectly fast enough for public roads anyway.

They serve up the power in a different way, I would have to drive them back to back to say how the difference was.

But it doesn't matter TBH it's a little fun car (actually bigger than I envisaged which is good, I had the image before looking at them of been stuck in a sardine can!). But no the cabin is OK and seems a lot harder wearing than the Suzuki Swift sport interiors I looked at never mind the bland exterior styling on the Suzuki too. So all in all very happy.

rocketman":2wos8kv6 said:
Patch I bought my 106 in 1999 cough :shock:
Yeah not miles apart like you say though but just enough to notice.

I bought a new 106GTI on an S plate (whenever that was) and I bought the Twingo thinking it's be as fast as the 106. In MHO it's no where near as quick.

Been a few years mind, but I certainly remember it being faster than the Twingo. So much so, that I'm scouring the web every week trying to find an unmolested low millage one. Think they've all been Chaved or crashed.

Feel for you wab172uk. It will be very difficult to get a good one and the trouble doesn't end there. Even the best need work underneath now and unless you know what you are doing yourself it is often done badly.

I'm doing a resto job on mine at the minute. The body was fine but underneath even though it would pass a MOT easy unless it was attended to in a few years it would have been a mare to sort out.

Which is partly why I needed another car while I do that, though the 106 will never be a daily drive again just something to bring out in the warm weather.

The news doesn't get much better either on parts, they are now a total mare to get loads are no longer available. I ended up getting the very last new plastic n/s inner wheel arch liner from Germany in Europe for instance. Repair panels for GTI's are just not available as is most trim parts. Most basic mechanicals are still available though.

rocketman":2zy8eu38 said:
Feel for you wab172uk. It will be very difficult to get a good one and the trouble doesn't end there. Even the best need work underneath now and unless you know what you are doing yourself it is often done badly.

I'm doing a resto job on mine at the minute. The body was fine but underneath even though it would pass a MOT easy unless it was attended to in a few years it would have been a mare to sort out.

Which is partly why I needed another car while I do that, though the 106 will never be a daily drive again just something to bring out in the warm weather.

The news doesn't get much better either on parts, they are now a total mare to get loads are no longer available. I ended up getting the very last new plastic n/s inner wheel arch liner from Germany in Europe for instance. Repair panels for GTI's are just not available as is most trim parts. Most basic mechanicals are still available though.

Thanks for posting that. I did think parts might start to be a problem now.

You'll have to post some pics of yours, and update as you restore it. I'd be very interested in seeing that.