Hi all looking for help/advice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliocraig

Reaction score
Hi all. Thought I'd say a quick hi before I ask a few questions.
I'm Craig 36 married and have 1 daughter (she's 5) I'm a baker (so don't be surprised if I'm online at some silly early times) as u can see from my username I'm currently driving.... Nothing lol. (Well occasional shot of the wife's 15 plate ka) used to own many fast small French hatches back in the day (makes me sound old lol) my favourite being the mighty 5 gt turbo. I had several of them. (Then grew up lol) last year I had a spell owning a clio 172 and tbf I loved it. But because I hardly used it (stay 5 mins walk from work so no need to drive) and the car was only used to pop down to the shops/take my daughter dancing. And occasionally a little B road blast. But the cost of road tax and insurance killed it for me so I sold it before Xmas. But after reading MANY reviews. I quiet fancy a twingo (probably as its most likely to remind me of the 5s handling)
Wow enough of the life story.
Cpl questions.
I'll be using the car not very often and it will spend most it's life on the drive (no garage YET!!) how are the cars like after they've been sitting cpl days?
Which 1 is best to get i.e. cup ff or stock? I really like the look of the Gordini. Are they worth hunting down or just look for somthing else.
Ps i won't be buying until after our summer hols (September) just getting myself on the right path now lol
Cheers Craig

Hi mate. Firstly Renault introduced the Clio as a replacement for the 5 but to be honest, I think the Twingo is nearer a replacement than the Clio was. I too owned a 172 and loved it so much that I kept mine for eight years. Was a great car and this is the important factor. I went from the 172 to a 133 Cup and didn`t regret it. The 133 is quick and is like a go kart for handling. Great fun! Three versions are available, non cup = 16 inch wheels, slightly higher ride height and toys. Full fat with cup pack has 17 inch alloys, lower ride height and toys. The cup version has 17`s, lower ride height, no air con, bench seat in rear rather than two individual rear seats, no tinted glass in the rear etc. As far as sitting around, my car isn`t my daily transport and has so far been no problem whatsoever. If you want to know whether a car has the cup chassis, look at the dampers at the rear, they should have a purple mark on them to denote being cup ones. The 17`s are nice wheels so you may find someone putting them on a non cup car but purple mark will help to tell. Cup set up does give a firm ride not suited to all but it`s each persons choice. Gordini and silverstone were the special editions. Gordini came in blue, black and I do believe there is one white one around. Silverstone came only in silver with black roof. There are plenty of posts on this forum so spend some time looking through and I hope I have been some help to you.
Regards, Gren.

Hi and welcome.
If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.
Regards,
Dan.

Just to say I finally got 1 (not a silver stone as I originally wanted)
But a black 58 plate 133 with cup pack, and so far (only driven few miles) I love it.

Quick question (could probably find the answer looking through the user manual.
I accidentally turned the auto lights off (no idea how lol)
How do I reacitvate them?
Cheers Craig

All you have to do is turn the ignition on and flick the lights on and off on the stalk a few times, it will beep and hey presto!