hi all

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddles

Reaction score
just came across this forum and thought i would join as ive spent many an hour lately looking for a twingo rs with cup chassis to buy.
currently driving a clio 182 but fancy a change. had a test drive yesterday and this just confirmed that i must have one.

Welcome to T133.net :)

It's quite surprising really the amount of people who move form Clio RS to a Twingo RS considering the engine size difference, etc but having made the same move myself (PH1 172 to 133 Cup) I can agree with you 100% with it being worth it!

Hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions as we're only a few days old and don't yet have guides, etc but a wealth of knowledge is available :)

cheers matt.
one thing i need to know before buying is how can i tell the car definately has the cup chassis (which is what i want), and is not just a normal chassis fitted with the anthracite alloys

Unfortunately there's no easy way of knowing as the difference isn't really that visible being only 4mm lower and stiffer. The options sheet is the only way to know for sure, or perhaps contacting Renault with the reg may shed some light on the matter.

Changes are though, nobody is going to fork out that much money on wheels as they are going to cost the same, if not more than the option to buy second hand I'd have thought.

I take it it's the Cup pack you want rather than the Cup model? The Cup model will have the "Cup" badges as standard and no sliding seats in the rear.

Welcome aboard mate

I know many people who have gone for a Twingo RS from a Clio RS or got one for there other half.

As matt said we have only been up and running for a few days but we have guys on here with great knowledge on Renaults in genral.

Feel free to ask questions and im sure someone will answer without problems

Right how do you know if a car has a cup pack.

Hmmm.

If it has the 17" wheels then its more then likely a cup. You can also find out by phoning a renualt dealer and ask them to look on renault net with the reg or chassis number. They should then get ICM up and ask them to see if its got listed a extreme add on pack.

Or drop me a pm ad ill have a look at work :lol:

Good shout on the change to a 133 from a 182.

The Clio 172/182s are certainly quick but there's something to be said about a car like the Twingo 133. A car that handles it's power perfectly and never feels twitchy.

I used to drive my 172 about 25 miles a day and you always felt like you had to hold the car back. The Twingo is better on a day to day basis as it's quicker than your average car but you can use it's full potential to a better extent.

Plust far cheaper insurance but just as many smiles per mile!! :D