Hi guys!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollieallen

Reaction score
Hi guys, my names Ollie.

Got myself a 133 about a month ago (unfortunately not the cup model :( ) and absolutely love it.

Currently looking at modifying it lightly and I'm open to anyone's suggestions and views on aftermarket parts. I've had a good look at K-Tec's parts and I'm interested in their full engine back exhaust system and panel filter. I've also been weighing up the option between full coilovers and just spring replacement. Any help picking between the two would be great!

I also want the brake pads and disks changed soon and I have no idea what to go for. Again, any views and preferences on brands would be brilliant as I have no idea what works well on Twingos and what doesnt! :roll:

Thanks

Welcome along, I'm sure one of the guys will be along shortly to answer your questions. (No good asking me I have a clio lol)

welcome!!

i now have brembo slotted discs in front and regular brembos on the rear, all with ferodo ds2500 pads. brakes like f*ck :D

Welcome along . I would go for a bmc or green Cotten panel filter that's what most people seem to use, that's if u don't want to go down the induction rote. I currently have a k-tec down pipe back system and green Cotten filter, sounds really nice and is not to loud on a long run sat a one speed

Jarre":10fp09op said:
welcome!!

i now have brembo slotted discs in front and regular brembos on the rear, all with ferodo ds2500 pads. brakes like f*ck :D

Yeah i was looking at the Ferodo DS2500 pads but they're blooming pricey :shock: I'm gonna have to get saving! Definitely inclined towards them though and I'll think about slotted disks too, thanks! :D

poweller23":ipzfkfft said:
Welcome along . I would go for a bmc or green Cotten panel filter that's what most people seem to use, that's if u don't want to go down the induction rote. I currently have a k-tec down pipe back system and green Cotten filter, sounds really nice and is not to loud on a long run sat a one speed

Thanks, I was actually looking at both the Green Cotton and BMC. I had a Green Cotton in a VTS a few years back and it did sound nice and gave noticeable response so I'll probably go for that! :) as for the exhaust I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for the whole engine back kit with the sport cat. Expensive but it'll sound and perform well ;)

Might want to go for a remap after full exhaust & filter too

dont waste your cash on a remap for n/a car, unless your going to spend serious cash on mods first, and if you wanted more power should have got a blown motor imo.

flowerpowerdave":orqpse1g said:
dont waste your cash on a remap for n/a car, unless your going to spend serious cash on mods first, and if you wanted more power should have got a blown motor imo.
Eh are you being serious yeah power gains may not be the best but the way it puts power down totally changes its not all about top end power lol

flowerpowerdave":1wj5nl4c said:

:silent:

I think the full engine back exhaust and manifold with sports cat is a significant amount of cash and with a remap will show gains, you're talking bull****

Welcome. Southampton isn't too far away from K-tec and their engine back exhaust with sports cat looks good and sounds nice and deep

markhardy":s54zn4n6 said:
flowerpowerdave":s54zn4n6 said:

I think the full engine back exhaust and manifold with sports cat is a significant amount of cash and with a remap will show gains, you're talking bull****
like i said small gains very small gains, for the cash spent, every 133(and you dont really get 133bhp) owner knows you dont get massive gains with the obvious mods that all n/a owners do to their cars. Ive had 3 litre n/a cars and you never get anywhere near 3 litre supra turbo performance,

flowerpowerdave":1nacfq0s said:
markhardy":1nacfq0s said:
flowerpowerdave":1nacfq0s said:

like i said small gains very small gains, for the cash spent, every 133(and you dont really get 133bhp) owner knows you dont get massive gains with the obvious mods that all n/a owners do to their cars. Ive had 3 litre n/a cars and you never get anywhere near 3 litre supra turbo performance,

I'm not necessarily looking for massive gains, I know a map on an n\a car won't do a lot but when I've replaced the entire exhaust and put a new panel filter in it'll make it run smoother and probably increasethrottle response and get rid of any flat spots in the rev range. The full exhaust with a panel filter and remap will probably add around 20\25bhp, which admittedly doesnt sound like a lot for the money but it'll make a very noticable difference. As for the noise difference, it will sound 100x better than standard.

I had a Saxo VTS a few years back that had cams, exhaust, panel filter and a map and that thing went like sh*t compared to a standard VTS. Probably only added an extra 20\30bhp but my god you knew the difference.

Paired up with a set of coilovers it'll make a difference in the way the Twingo drives and I'm looking forward to getting it done! Probably won't be for a few months yet though.

I'll throw some pictures up next week as I'm on holiday this week :D

If you've got the non cup Twingo the first thing I'd go for if I was you before you start with the power upgrades would be coilies or springs :) because apparently the non cup doesn't handle half as well as it could.
You'll notice the difference more than if you spent £1000+ on power gains :)

P.S welcome aboard chap :)

I looked at some coilovers and springs. If you want to spend the money coilovers are obv the better choice. But they are about £400 if memory serves me right, and the max you can drop it is 40mm, you can buy springs that do 35mm and they are £110... so up to you. i went with the springs myself and they are due to arrive next month. :) so if you havent got any by then ill let you know what they are like.
I got the manifold back system from ktec as i could fit it myself so cost me £370... the full engine back system plus fitting comes to £1600 (this was what i was quoted about a month ago by k-tec themselves.)
Welcome to the forum btw.